Gamepedia was upgraded to MediaWiki version 1.31 on Wednesday November 14th. To learn more about the upgrade and its effects click here.
The Power Glove and the Titan's Mitt
|Use(s)||Moving and lifting heavy objects|
|Comparable Item(s)||Power Bracelet|
The Power Glove, also known as the Handy Glove,[note 1] is a recurring item in The Legend of Zelda series that allows Link to lift heavy objects. It is sometimes later replaced by the Titan's Mitt, a much stronger variant.
- 1 Location and Uses
- 2 Other Appearances
- 3 Trivia
- 4 Nomenclature
- 5 Gallery
- 6 Notes
- 7 References
Location and Uses
The Adventure of Link
The Handy Glove is situated within the walls of Midoro Palace in The Adventure of Link. Upon collection, it increases the strength of Link's Sword, allowing it to crush the blocks found in Palaces.
A Link to the Past
A Link to the Past features both the Power Glove and the Titan's Mitt.
The Power Glove is located in the Desert Palace in A Link to the Past, introducing the need to lift heavy rocks. These rocks obstruct the path to the bosses of the dungeon, the Lanmolas. These rocks also surround the entrance to Death Mountain, necessitating the retrieval of the Power Glove before Link can ascend to the Tower of Hera. Unlike the Gloves in The Adventure of Link, the Power Glove does not alter Link's Sword power.
The Titan's Mitt is located in the Thieves' Town. It can lift heavier, dark boulders as well as Skulls in the Dark World. The Titan's Mitt is necessary for rescuing the Dwarven Swordsmith who is trapped in the Dark World and desires to return to his partner. Upon reuniting, they happily offer to temper the Master Sword into the Tempered Sword for ten Rupees.
Oracle of Ages
The Power Glove is located in the Ancient Tomb in Oracle of Ages. It functions as the L-2 Power Bracelet, being able to lift considerably heavier objects, such as the statues found in and around the Tomb. The Power Glove is crucial for defeating the boss of the dungeon, Ramrock, in its final form. In said form, its hands transform into metal balls, connected to the main body by chains. Link must use the Power Glove to grab onto one of the balls that it doesn't throw towards the young hero and pull it far enough so that it recoils and hits Ramrock, eventually defeating it.
A Link Between Worlds
The Power Glove and Titan's Mitt both appear in A Link Between Worlds, functioning nearly identically to their counterparts from A Link to the Past.
The Power Glove is found in Rosso's possession. When Link expresses an interest in picking up small rocks, Rosso gives him the Power Glove. Rosso also hints that Link should pick up the rocks surrounding his home. If Link obliges in picking up all of the rocks surrounding his house, Rosso will reward Link with a Chest containing 50 Rupees. Some Lost Maiamais can be located beneath small rocks that must be lifted.
The Titan's Mitt is located in the Desert Palace. It allows Link to lift large boulders, which is vital to reaching Zaganaga, the boss of the dungeon. Like the Power Glove, some large boulders also hide Maiamais beneath them, and require the Titan's Mitt to free them. Unlike the Titan's Mitt in A Link to the Past, the Titan's Mitt in A Link Between Worlds is not needed to lift and break Skulls in Lorule. When obtained, both the Power Glove and the Titan's Mitt are visible on Link's hands.
- In A Link to the Past, the Power Glove and Titan's Mitt of A Link to the Past subtly alter Link's sprite so that his hands are armored and no longer flesh-colored. However, this detail was inexplicably removed in A Link to the Past & Four Swords.
- The Power Glove may be a reference to the Power Glove controller for the Nintendo Entertainment System.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Power Glove||Titan's Mitt|
|FrenchCA||Gants de la force (ALBW)||Gants des titans (ALBW)|
|FrenchEU||Gant du Puissance (ALttP)
Bracelet de Force (OoA)
Ganta de puissance (ALBW)
|Moufle du Titan (ALttP)|
Moufles du titan (ALBW)
|Italian||Guanti Muscolo (OoA)
Guanti della Forza (ALttP&FS)
Guanti della forza (ALBW)
|Bracciali del Titano (ALttP&FS)|
Guanti del titano (ALBW)
|Spanish||Guante de Fuerza (OoA | ALBW)||Guante del Titán (ALBW)|
- "POWER GLOVE" (Art & Artifacts (Dark Horse Books), pg. 393 (ALttP&FS))
- "HANDY GLOVE" (Art & Artifacts (Dark Horse Books), pg. 386 (TAoL))
- "MAGIC GLOVE" (The NES Game Atlas (Nintendo of America), pg. 66)
- "TITAN'S MITT" (Art & Artifacts (Dark Horse Books), pg. 393 (ALttP&FS))
- "Handy Glove: Use this to break the blocks in the palaces by swinging the sword." (The Adventure of Link manual, pg. 46)
- "Ribbit ribbit... Your body did not change! You are not just an ordinary guy, are you? I used to live in Kakariko Town. I wonder what my buddy is doing there without me... Ribbit! I have a request of you. I beg you... Please take me to my partner! Please! Ribbit! Please!" — Dwarven Swordsmith (A Link to the Past)
- "Oh! What is this?!? You found my partner! ...Happy days are here again! Drop by here again sometime! Then we will temper your sword perfectly!" — Dwarven Swordsmiths (A Link to the Past)
- "I was on the mountain mining ore when, all of a sudden, the earth started shaking! When I got home, the place was a wreck. Rocks everywhere. You seen outside? I'll be bustin' my back for days to clean up that mess. At least pickin' up rocks and smashin' the things feels pretty good. Wish they were full of good ore, though. What? You want to try too? Rah! Feels good smashin' stuff! Huh? Can’t do it? Sorry to hear it. Can’t stand to see a nice kid like you not be able to throw your weight around... Here-take this. It’s a hand-me-down from yours truly." — Rosso (A Link Between Worlds)
- "You’ll feel tough with that on your mitt—oughta be able to pick up rocks! Smaller ones, anyway. And if you get to smashin' and just can’t stop yourself, well, there’s a whole bunch of them outside! Grah-ha-ha! Just a joke, that’s all. I wouldn't REALLY tell ya to do all my work out there. Still, if you do...who am I to stop ya? Now, these rocks aren't gonna clean themselves up. Back to it!" — Rosso (A Link Between Worlds)
- "You got the Titan's Mitt! Now hoisting even large boulders will be a snap!" — N/A (A Link Between Worlds)
- And the Handy Glove is on! - Link (Valiant Comic Issue #4)
- He's coming back! - Link (Valiant Comic Issue #4)
- This time, I have a magic glove, so I'll be strong enough to beat you! - Link (Valiant Comic Issue #4)
- I gave it to Ganon. I had to. - Bagu (Valiant Comic Issue #4)
- He's holding my frogs for ransom! - Bagu (Valiant Comic Issue #4)