We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
|Cost(s)||100 Rupees (Goron Powder Keg Shop (MM))|
20 Rupees (Goron Powder Keg Shop (MM3D))
50 Rupees (Bomb Shop)
|Use(s)||Blow up large boulders|
Location and Uses
Link can only purchase and use Powder Kegs as Goron Link, and must first pass a certification test before he can purchase any. To become certified, Goron Link must visit Medigoron in the Goron Powder Keg Shop, which is frozen over in the winter so Link must use a Fire Arrow or wait until spring to enter. He will give the hero a lit Powder Keg, which he then must use to destroy the boulder blocking the entrance to the Goron Racetrack, before the Keg explodes. If Link successfully completes this task, Medigoron will give him a free Powder Keg, certifying him to buy and carry one Powder Keg at a time.
After Link is certified to use Powder Kegs (even after returning to the dawn of the First Day), Goron Link can buy Powder Kegs at the Goron Powder Keg Shop and Clock Town's Bomb Shop, but he can only carry one at a time. A Powder Keg costs 100 Rupees (in Majora's Mask) or 20 Rupees (in Majora's Mask 3D) at the Goron Powder Keg Shop, and costs 50 Rupees at the Bomb Shop.
Powder Kegs possess devastating explosive power, and as such can be used to destroy obstacles that regular Bombs cannot. A Powder Keg can be used to open the way to the Goron Racetrack; destroy the boulder on Milk Road on the First or Second Day, clearing a way to Romani Ranch; or to blow a hole in the roof of the Ikana Castle, granting access to the throne room. A Powder Keg can also be used to complete the pot-breaking game at Zora Cape by destroying all the pots at once.
Once lit, a Powder Keg will explode when its fuse burns out. However, Link can make it explode immediately by shooting an Arrow at it. Alternatively, an immediate explosion, like a well-timed Bomb or the Blast Mask, will suffice.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||大バクダン (Dai Bakudan)||Large Bomb|
|French||Baril de poudre (MM3D)||Barrel of powder|
|FrenchEU||Baril de Poudre (MM)||Barrel of Powder|
|Italian||Barile esplosivo (MM3D)|
|Spanish||Barril de pólvora (MM3D)||Barrel of powder|
|SpanishEU||Barril de Pólvora (MM)||Barrel of Powder|
- "I'm the Goron who sells the Powder Keg, the most famous product of the Gorons." — Medigoron (Majora's Mask)
- "The rules say I can't sell Powder Kegs to anyone who isn't a Goron. Sorry." — Medigoron (Majora's Mask)
- "If you can destroy the boulder that blocks the entrance to the Goron Racetrack near here... using the Powder Keg I'm about to give you, then I'll approve you to carry them." — Medigoron (Majora's Mask)
- "It looks like you managed to succeed! Knowing your skills, I feel fine letting you handle Powder Kegs on your own. It was bad of me to put you through such a dangerous test. I want you to take this as my apology." — Medigoron (Majora's Mask)
- "Want a Powder Keg? Powder kegs explode with powerful blasts and are very dangerous... Until I have tested you to see if you can use them properly, I can't let you use any on your own." — Medigoron (Majora's Mask)
- "You can carry only one Powder Keg at a time. Once you've used it, come back." — Medigoron (Majora's Mask)
- "Will you a buy a Powder Keg for 100 Rupees?" — Medigoron (Majora's Mask)
- "Will you a buy a Powder Keg for 20 Rupees?" — Medigoron (Majora's Mask 3D)
- "Whoa! There are others besides Zoras who can do it..." — Zora (Majora's Mask)
- "Powder Kegs are very volatile, so you can carry only one at a time. If you shoot them with an arrow, they'll explode as soon as they're hit, so be careful." — Medigoron (Majora's Mask)