|Era||Era of the Hero of Time|
Ocarina of Time
The Poe Collector is found in the Ghost Shop, which was formerly the Guard House of the Castle Town Market in Ocarina of Time. He sits beneath a cage containing several Poe spirits and pays Link to bring him more. If Link catches a Big Poe and sells it to him, the Poe Collector will give him 50 Rupees and 100 points. Once Link has collected 1000 Points, he will receive an Empty Bottle from him.
In Majora's Mask, the Poe Collector is first encountered at the ledge before the Ikana Canyon. Here, he refuses to allow Link to pass unless he possesses the Garo's Mask or the Gibdo Mask. He tells Link that the Garo's Mask can be found near Milk Road, in the possession of a black-hearted individual. Once Link has obtained the mask, the Poe Collector summons a tree before disappearing, which can be reached with the Hookshot.
The Poe Collector can later be found atop the hill in Ikana Canyon manning the Spirit House, where he has captured wandering spirits. Here, he offers Link to train in order to temper his skills for fighting the Skull Kid for a price of 30 Rupees. If Link plays the "Song of Healing" for him, the Poe Collector will lower the price of his minigame to 10 Rupees. He will also note that not all spirits can be healed with the song.
After Link has obtained the Light Arrows, Link may enter the Secret Shrine, where the Poe Collector is once more found. He offers Link to rematch several enemies, such as three Dinolfos, a Wizzrobe, Wart, and the Garo Master.
|Names in Other Regions|
|FrenchEU||Marchand d'Âmes||Merchant of Souls|
|Italian||Collezionista di Poo||Same as English.|
- The Poe Collector is referred to as the Spectral Watchman in the The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask — Official Perfect Guide by Versus Books. However, as this contradicts the name given in Encyclopedia, it is not considered Canon.
- "After you've bested all four mini-bosses, return to the main chamber. The eerie Garo has returned, and he promptly rewards your valor with an even better prize than all of those Rupees—a Piece of Heart!." (Official Guide to The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D (Prima Games), pg. 311)
- "The Hyrule Marketplace lay in ruins, the guard house abandoned. The only shopkeeper who remained was an eerie, one-eyed man who dealt in an eccentric trade...ghost for sale." (The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Player's Guide (Nintendo Power), pg. 34)
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 238 (OoT) & 245 (MM)
- The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask — Official Perfect Guide by Versus Books , pg. 81
- "There's a strange old man who lives on the cliff face in Ikana Canyon. He won't let you pass until you have the Garo's Mask." (The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask Official Nintendo Player's Guide (Nintendo Power), pg. 87)
- "Yee-hee-hee. What are you doing in a place like this? Ikana Hill beyond here is the place where spirits with troubles and lingering regrets wander. Even now, the spirits wander in search of one who can save them. It is unfortunate, but it is no place for one such as you... But if you must enter, then you must obtain the mask containing wandering spirits that can be found near the ranch. Without that mask, you cannot save their souls... Until then, I will not let you pass by here. Yee-hee-hee!" — Poe Collector (Majora's Mask)
- "Yee-hee-hee. That's a nice mask you're wearing. That is the mask of those who roam this world with the most lingering regrets! Use it to ask them their regrets... Perhaps you may be able to save the souls that wander beyond here... Yee-hee-hee." — Poe Collector (Majora's Mask)
- "Yee-hee-hee! Do you have your own horse? And if you are not wearing the mask containing wandering spirits which the black-hearted one near the ranch has... I will not let you pass. Yee-hee-hee!" — Poe Collector (Majora's Mask)
- "Yee-hee-hee. That's a nice mask you're wearing. That is the mask of the leader of the ninjas who once spied on the hilltop castle with the blood-stained history. With that, you may be able to call out their spirits that even now are still wandering. Perhaps you may be able to save the souls that wander beyond here... Yee-hee-hee." — Poe Collector (Majora's Mask)
- "Eee-hee-hee... Ikana Kingdom was founded on this land, stained with a history of darkness, drenched in blood... Even now it is a place where troubled, regretful spirits gather. If you are seeking the one who is stronger than you are, you may find strength here...from a group of spirits plagued by lingering regrets. If you have faith in your skills and might...then try saving these wandering spirits. Yee-hee-hee... But the earthly price you must pay is 30 Rupees!" — Poe Collector (Majora's Mask)
- "You cannot heal all souls with that song. The earthly cost to you will be 30 Rupees! I'd like to be able to take that much... But I shall take 10 Rupees..." — Poe Collector (Majora's Mask)
- "The ones in this room want to meet you again and have been waiting here for quite a while. Go see them if you feel like it..." — Poe Collector (Majora's Mask)