Pipit is a character featured in Skyward Sword. He is the resident bird expert of Skyloft and an acquaintance of Link. He is a senior student at the Knight Academy and wears a yellow tunic, the senior uniform of the previous year.
Pipit has a strong sense of honor and duty and is dedicated to his work. He was the winner of the previous year's Wing Ceremony, winning in a close race. He patrols around the Academy at night with the aim of keeping Skyloft safe, but also to help finance his education. His family does not seem to be well off financially, which has led to a strained relationship with his mother Mallara, who spends the money he gives her paying Link to clean her home instead of buying food and doing the cleaning herself.
Pipit also has a romantic interest in classmate Karane, which is revealed if Link gives Karane Cawlin's Letter and tells Pipit about it. Wishing to know what Karane intends to do, Pipit realizes he loves Karane and rushes over to find her just as Karane is giving Cawlin a reply. Pipit intervenes and asks Karane to go out with him instead, to which she hesitantly accepts in an effort to prevent breaking Cawlin's heart.
After that, they will begin dating. Pipit thanks Link for helping him find true love and gives him five Gratitude Crystals. Karane will admire Pipit even more, and thanks Link for his role, but she still feels sorry for how things turned out for Cawlin. Afterwards, by sitting a bench seat in the front row of the classroom, Link can listen to Karane and Pipit discussing their relationship as well as how Karane wants to visit Pipit's mother, much to Pipit's dismay.
- Pipit is the only student in the Knight Academy who does not live there.
Pipit's name is likely derived from the Pipit bird.
|Names in Other Regions|
- "He is training to be a master swordsman, but he also displays an immature side that allows him to be distracted by other things." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "Pipit final version" (Hyrule Historia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 25)
- "I'm something of a bird researcher around here. So, you know, if you ever find yourself in need of some bird expertise, come see ol' Pipit." — Pipit (Skyward Sword)
- "The students who pass the Wing Ceremony become seniors and are given uniforms. Each year the uniforms are a different color." (Hyrule Historia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 73)
- "The Wing Ceremony's about to begin, right? Remember when Pipit won the last one right at the last second? It was soooo close. Now, that was a race..." — Karane (Skyward Sword)
- "It's true. I'm working the night patrol to earn some money!" — Pipit (Skyward Sword)
- "How could I not be mad?! It's been obvious lately that you've been giving someone Rupees to clean the house! I gave you that money so you could buy some bread! If you keep spending money like this, I won't have any money to go to the Knight Academy! I didn't take that job patrolling just so you could live a life of luxury! You've got to stop doing this!" — Pipit (Skyward Sword)
- "Let's just say you had an interest in how that relationship turned out. Do you think it would be best to go and ask her about it? I mean... That isn't to say that I have a personal interest here, though. I'm just interested in the emotion of love...in general..." — Pipit (Skyward Sword)
- "And, um... Wh-what's your...answer?" — Cawlin (Skyward Sword)
- "Wait! I think you should go out with me instead! I mean...er...I want to ask you out!" — Pipit (Skyward Sword)
- "Errr... I want to go out with... Pipit..." — Karane (Skyward Sword)
- "My guy is going out on patrol again tonight. It's not even required of him--it's just something he feels he has to do... Just thinking about him makes my heart start pounding like I just ran up a flight of stairs!" — Karane (Skyward Sword)
- "Hee hee! Thank you, Link. Thanks to you, I have an amazing new boyfriend! But I feel kind of bad about Cawlin, you know?" — Karane (Skyward Sword)
- "I guess I should hustle over and say hello to your mother too. I'm sure she's just like you, Pipit--trustworthy and dependable." — Karane (Skyward Sword)
- "Whoa! Uhhhh, that's moving a bit too fast, don't you think?" — Pipit (Skyward Sword)