Piper is a resident of Skyloft and the mother of Gully, a mischievous boy who has an avid interest in all types of insects. She is a skilled cook that manages the restaurant in the Skyloft Bazaar. She has a habit of repeatedly tasting her food before settling on the right flavor, and often experiments with new combinations of ingredients. During the day, she can be found in the Bazaar, preparing food for the patrons. However, she is known for taking a long time among the customers. At night, she returns to her home and starts making dinner. As with her food during the day, she takes a long time preparing it, apparently late into the hours of the night.
Because Piper is a cook, many spices and cooking supplies can be found throughout her house. Above her bed is a large photo of Skyloft and three of Gully's drawings.
- Piper does not appear to carry a Sailcloth with her, though her apron bears her design, like other Sailcloths.
Like all other Skyloftians, Piper's name is derived from a bird, specifically the Sandpiper.
|Names in Other Regions|
Concept art of Piper from Hyrule Historia
- "Her name is Piper, and she is a skilled cook. She is the mother of the mischievous Gully." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "Café chef Piper final version" (Hyrule Historia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 27)
- "Next, a dash of pepper... Delicious! Another culinary delight ready to be savored and enjoyed!" — Piper (Skyward Sword)
- "You looking to get your grub on? The food here is sooooo good! You gotta be patient, though. It seems like you wait forever for anything around here." — Dovos (Skyward Sword)
- "Mmm-MMM! Another day, another tasty soup!" — Piper (Skyward Sword)
- "Is that you, Link? What are you doing up so late? I'm hungry! My mom's still cooking, but it's taking forever. When will it be ready?" — Gully (Skyward Sword)