We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: End of Week.
The entrance to Pinnacle Rock
|Item(s)||Piece of Heart|
Zora Eggs x3
Pinnacle Rock is a location in Majora's Mask.
Features and Overview
Pinnacle Rock is found within the Great Bay Coast. It is full of mist and signs of warning found on the sea bottom. Beyond the signs, Pinnacle Rock houses the lair of the Deep Pythons, which consists of a deep hole in the sea filled with predators, all of them sea serpents. There are eight Deep Pythons within, and three of them have the Zora Eggs that Mikau had been frantically searching for. Two of the serpents have chests containing 20 Rupees, one with a lost Seahorse, and the two remaining have nothing.
The easiest way for Link to get through the murky waters of Pinnacle Rock is by using the help of the friendly Seahorse located inside the Fisherman's Hut. Once Link has given the Fisherman a Pictograph of a Gerudo Pirate, he receives the Seahorse in a Bottle. The aquatic being wishes to go to Pinnacle Rock, so after it is dropped near the entrance, the Seahorse guides Link to the inner part of the serpent-infested sea. There, he explains to the young hero that his friend has been trapped by a sea snake, and asks Link for his help. While Link makes his way to the bottom of Pinnacle Rock trying to find the three Zora Eggs, it is recommended that he defeats each of the Deep Pythons he encounters along the way, for the only way to save the Seahorse is to defeat each of the serpents within. The two Seahorses will reward Link with a Piece of Heart once they are reunited.
However, it is possible to get through Pinnacle Rock without the Seahorse's assistance. The way to do so is:
- Stop at the first sign, go to the second one on the right, go one forward, head to the left until another sign comes into sight, one up, one right and then into the lair.
Getting out this same way is quite difficult. It is far easier for Link to simply swim out a random way and magically wind up back at the entrance to Pinnacle Rock.
- In Animal Crossing, Gulliver makes a reference to the Deep Pythons and Pinnacle Rock when he tells a story where he states, "When I fought the sea snakes at Pinnacle Rock! Wait a minute... That wasn't me!"
- "Here in the depths of Pinnacle Rock live many dangerous sea snakes..." — Seahorse (Majora's Mask)
- "Help me... Please, take me back to the waters near Pinnacle Rock..." — Seahorse (Majora's Mask)
- "Please follow me closely without making any missteps." — Seahorse (Majora's Mask)
- "My friend is trapped here. Link, can you please find a way to rid the area of all the sea snakes and help my friend?" — Seahorse (Majora's Mask)
- "Thank you, Link. This is a symbol of my deepest gratitude." — Seahorse (Majora's Mask)
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||トンガリ岩 (Tongari Iwa)||Pinnacle Rock|
|French||Puits de Pierre||Stone Shaft|
|FrenchCA||Pic de pierre (MM3D)|
|Spanish||Roca Pináculo||Pinnacle Rock|