Link playing with three Pigs
|Habitat(s)||Outset Island (TWW)|
Windfall Island (TWW)
The Wind Waker
|Wild Pig (Figurine from The Wind Waker)|
Talent: Digging holes
Wild Pigs are found primarily in the fields of Outset Island. They love All-Purpose Bait above all other foods, and when they eat it they can't help but tear into the earth.
Pigs are generally peaceful animals that struggle in vain when picked up in The Wind Waker. They come in three varieties: pink, black, and pink with black spots. Link can catch and hold a Pig if he gets close to one, by either sneaking up or running at it. He can also lure one close by spreading All-Purpose Bait on the ground next to a Pig. Pigs love to eat, and if they are fed All-Purpose Bait, they might dig up Rupees, Morths, and Items from the ground, including a Piece of Heart. If a Pig is attacked too many times, it turns red in anger and relentlessly retaliates against Link. If there are any nearby Pigs, they will also attack him, much like the Cucco's Revenge Squad. The Pigs will stop chasing Link if he enters a building or goes to a place where they can't reach him, like on top of a high object or in a body of water. While a Pig is charging after Link, it will destroy any Grass, Vases and Enemies in its way.
Before Link visits the Forsaken Fortress for the first time, Link can assist Abe and capture a Pig for his wife, Rose, who will thank him with 20 Rupees after it is placed in their pen. Link can capture the two other Pigs on Outset Island and receive additional increments of 20 Rupees for each of them. When Link returns to Outset Island after placing all three Pigs in the pen, Link will find that only one, large Pig is present. If Link speaks to Rose and her children, they will imply that they ate the two other Pigs. The remaining Pig is named after Link, and it can be provoked as well, dealing three Hearts of damage if Link is hit by it. After Link has obtained the Power Bracelets, he can pick the giant Pig up and carry it, but his walking will be inhibited as though he is wearing the Iron Boots.
Ripened Tingle's Balloon Trip of Love
- Main article: Save Pig
- One of the Pigs on Windfall Island releases gas when Link picks it up, with little, green clouds periodically coming out of its rear.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||野ブタ (No Buta)||Wild Pig|
|FrenchEU||Cochons Sauvages||Wild Pigs|
|Italian||Maiale selvatico||Wild Pig|
|SpanishEU||Cerdo salvaje||Wild Hog|
- "You ready to go grab it, Link? Now, you can't just run up on it! Pigs are too alert to their surroundings for you to just jog up and capture one. If you want to get close to one, you have to hold ZR to crouch and tilt L to crawl slowly up behind it. Slowly..." — Abe (The Wind Waker HD)
- "You could also distract it with bait, I guess." — Abe (The Wind Waker HD)
- "Oh! Thank you! Thank you so much! I've been thinking of getting a pet pig for a while now. The boys will be SO happy when they get home. You sweetie! Ok, Link... Hold out your hand. This is your reward! Don't spend it all in one place!" — Rose (The Wind Waker HD)
- "Thank you SO much for bringing us yet another family member. Here's a little something for you!" — Rose (The Wind Waker HD)
- "It was delicious!" — Zill (The Wind Waker)