Wall covered with Photos in Twilight Princess
Location and Uses
In Link's Awakening, during the game's trading sequence, Mr. Write receives a fake Photograph of Princess Peach from Christine. In Link's Awakening DX, the Photographer can take Photos of Link in various situations, which are saved in The Travels of Link album inside the Camera Shop.
In Majora's Mask, sepia-toned Pictographs can be taken with the Pictograph Box. They can be given to the Swamp Tourist Center Guide in exchange for prizes. If Link shows him a Pictograph of Tingle or the Deku King, he will receive a Piece of Heart. Link can also show a Pictograph of a Gerudo Pirate to the Fisherman at the Great Bay Coast in exchange for the Seahorse.
In Majora's Mask 3D, Link is able to take full color Pictographs.
The Wind Waker
In The Wind Waker, the Picto Box can only take black and white Pictographs. Once Link upgrades it to the Deluxe Picto Box by completing Lenzo's Research Assistant sidequest, he is able to take full color ones. Lenzo also offers Link Legendary Pictographs, which are special Pictographs that depict subjects that cannot be captured on film by Link. He can purchase them for 50 Rupees in The Wind Waker or 150 in The Wind Waker HD; however, Legendary Pictographs can only be purchased after obtaining the Deluxe Picto Box. In The Wind Waker HD, they are in full color with altered poses. The Legendary Pictograph that is offered changes with each phase of the moon.
At Windfall Island, Link can receive various Treasure Charts by showing Kamo a Pictograph of a the full moon, Minenco a Pictograph of herself, and Pompie and Vera a Pictograph of Lenzo talking with Minenco. He can also receive a Piece of Heart by showing a Pictograph of Anton to Linda and vice versa.
Link can show a color Pictograph of a character or enemy to Carlov at the Nintendo Gallery in exchange for a Figurine of the subject. Despite Carlov only accepting color Pictographs, he accepts any sepia-toned Legendary Pictograph.
The Wind Waker HD also features a "selfie" mode in which Link can include himself in the Pictograph. By holding the left stick in certain directions, Link can display various expressions. Also, a golden Carlov icon appears over Pictographs that are suitable for turning them into Figurines.
King of Hyrule
Queen of Fairies
In Twilight Princess, several Photos of Hena and her siblings can be seen inside her hut in the Fishing Hole. A Photo of the Fishing Hole Man from Ocarina of Time also appears, with Hena claiming that he may be her ancestor. A Photo of Link can also be added after catching the Hylian Loach.
Tri Force Heroes
In Tri Force Heroes, Link can obtain a Camera from the Photo Bro at the Miiverse Gallery. With it and while in the Drablands, Link can take single Photo per level, which is saved in the gallery's album. Link can then talk to the Photo Bro to post any of the Photos onto Miiverse.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||伝説の写し絵 (Densetsu no Utsushie)|
|FrenchEU||Photo de Légende|
- LADX The Travels of Link Photo 12.png
Photo of Hena holding a Hylian Pike from Twilight Princess
Photo of Hena holding a Hyrule Bass from Twilight Princess
Photo of Iza holding a Hyrule Bass from Twilight Princess
- "I snapped a photo of the time you caught the legendary Hylian loach!" — Hena (Twilight Princess)
- "What's this?! A letter for me?! I'm so happy! ...And look! The letter came with a photograph!" — Mr. Write (Link's Awakening DX)
- "Show Pictograph" — N/A (Majora's Mask 3D)
- "You can shoot only one pictograph at a time, but you can retake it as many times as you like." — N/A (Majora's Mask)
- "Keep this picture?" — N/A (Majora's Mask 3D)
- "You like that, huh? It's a good picture, right?" — Hena (Twilight Princess)
- "That's one of Hyrule's legendary master fisherman! Look, he's got a Hylian loach, doesn't he? He just may be one of my ancestors! Of course, I can't exactly PROVE that... It's kinda just wishful thinking on my part" — Hena (Twilight Princess)