|Game(s)||The Minish Cap|
It is an annual celebration which commemorates the coming of the Minish, who helped drive evil away from the land by granting the Hero of Men the Picori Blade and the Light Force. The tale details that the Minish show themselves every 100 years, when the Minish Door, the link between their world and the world of men, opens, and only to children. Held in Hyrule Town, the Festival includes a Sword-Fighting Tournament wherein the winner is allowed to touch the sacred Picori Blade. During The Minish Cap, the Festival is the one hundredth annual occurrence since the last time the Minish showed themselves. Vaati wins the Tournament and shatters the Picori Blade, causing the evil it had sealed away to return to plague Hyrule.
In the beginning of The Minish Cap, Link attends the Festival with Princess Zelda. At the center of the Picori Festival lie four stands: Brocco's vegetable stand, Beedle's fruit stand, Pina's minigame stand, and a final stand where Marshall, a Hyrule resident, tells of the Minish legend. To the north of the Picori Festival stand two people from the Wind Tribe (Gale and Hailey), and a Vassal stands by the Funday School.
Shortly after completing Deepwood Shrine, the Picori Festival will have already ended, and the town square returns to a normal marketplace.
|Names in Other Regions|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- Hyrule Historia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 78
- "So as not to forget our gratitude, we hold this festival each year." — Marshall (The Minish Cap)
- "But then the Picori came from the sky, bringing humans powerful magic. With the magic light force and the Picori Blade, the beasts were repelled." — Marshall (The Minish Cap)
- "The sanctuary is a strange realm, trapped between two worlds. It is the bridge between the Minish world and the Human world. The door to the sanctuary opens only once every hundred years!" — Melari (The Minish Cap)
- "The Picori do not show themselves to anyone but children." — King Daltus (The Minish Cap)
- "Say, wasn't there going to be a sword-fighting tournament at the castle? I wonder who won this year..." — Princess Zelda (The Minish Cap)
- "Whoever wins the competition wins the honor of touching the sacred blade." — Minister Potho (The Minish Cap)
- "They say that every hundred years, the Picori come to Hyrule... And this is the 100th year, to the day, of the last time the Picori were here!" — Anton (The Minish Cap)