|Game(s)||The Minish Cap|
The Picori Festival is an event held in The Minish Cap.
It is an annual celebration which commemorates the coming of the Picori, who helped drive evil away from the land by granting the Hero of Men a sword and a golden light. The tale details that the Picori show themselves every 100 years, when the doorway between their world and the world of men opens, and only to children. Held in Hyrule Town, the Festival includes an impressive Sword-Fighting Tournament wherein the winner gets to touch the sacred Picori Blade. This year, the 100th since the last time the Picori showed themselves, Vaati wins the tournament and shatters the Picori Blade, causing the evil it had sealed away to return to plague Hyrule. Previous winners of the tournament include each of the Blade Brothers and the Crenel Hermit; the tournament's only recorded stalemate was between King Daltus and Smith, who participated back in their youth.
In the beginning of The Minish Cap, Link attends the festival with Princess Zelda. At the center of the Picori Festival lie four stands: Brocco's vegetable stand, Beedle's fruit stand, Pina's minigame stand, and a final stand where Marshall, a Hyrule resident, tells of the Picori legend. To the north of the Picori Festival stand two people from the Wind Tribe (Gale and Hailey), and a vassal guard stands by Funday School as a dispatched festival security officer.
Shortly after completing Deepwood Shrine, the Picori Festival will have already ended, and the town square returned to a normal marketplace.
- In the Japanese version of The Minish Cap, the Sword-Fighting Tournament is simply called a "martial arts competition". The term "martial arts" refers to a wide variety of armed and weaponless fighting styles around the world, including swordfighting.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Italian||Festa Minish||Minish Festival|
- "So as not to forget our gratitude, we hold this festival each year." — Marshall (The Minish Cap)
- "But then the Pictori came from the sky, bringing humans powerful magic. With the magic light force and the Picori Blade, the beasts were repelled." — Marshall (The Minish Cap)
- "The sanctuary is a strange realm, trapped between two worlds. It is the bridge between the Minish world and the Human world. The door to the sanctuary opens only once every hundred years!" — Melari (The Minish Cap)
- "The Picori do not show themselves to anyone but children." — King Daltus (The Minish Cap)
- "Say, wasn't there going to be a sword-fighting tournament at the castle? I wonder who won this year..." — Princess Zelda (The Minish Cap)
- "Whoever wins the competition wins the honor of touching the sacred blade." — Potho (The Minish Cap)
- "They say that every hundred years, the Picori come to Hyrule... And this is the 100th year, to the day, of the last time the Picori were here!" — Anton (The Minish Cap)
- "そういえば お城で 武術大会が あったわね 今年は どんな人が 優勝したのかしら?" — Princess Zelda (The Minish Cap)