In the next few weeks, your wiki will be migrated to a Fandom.com domain. Learn more here.
The Picori Blade, as seen in the introduction
Repel and banish evil
The Picori Blade, also known as the Sacred Blade and the Sacred Sword, is an object in The Minish Cap. It is an enchanted sword that was created by the Minish and given by them to the Hero of Men. It was said to be one of two gifts from the Picori, the other being the Light Force. The sword was used to defeat evil and was ultimately enshrined as a sacred sword.
By the time of The Minish Cap, the Picori Blade has been placed in the Bound Chest, much like how the Master Sword is placed in the Pedestal of Time, and is only brought out once a year so that the winner of the annual sword competition can have the honor of touching it. The winner of the sword competition in the year The Minish Cap takes place is Vaati.
He uses this chance to break open the chest, ultimately destroying the blade, in hopes of finding the Light Force, only to find it is not there and that he has only released demons into Hyrule which were previously captured and trapped inside by the Hero of Men.
The sword is broken by Vaati in The Minish Cap and it becomes Link's quest to reforge it. Later on, the sword is reforged by Melari and then becomes known as the White Sword. Link then takes it to the Elemental Sanctuary to infuse it with the Elements he has collected. When Link first goes to the sanctuary, he has the Earth and Fire Elements. The hilt of the blade turns into the color of the latest Element he collects.
- The chest that seals the monsters inside it is an allusion to the Greek Myth of Pandora's Box in which all of the evil in the world was sealed inside a box and released when the first woman Pandora opened the box.
- The Picori Blade resembles the Master Sword because of its purple hilt.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||ピッコルの剣 (Pikkoru no Ken)||Pikkoru Sword|
|FrenchEU||Epée Minish||Minish Sword|
|German||Schwert der Minish||Minish's Sword|
|Italian||Spada Minish||Minish Sword|
|SpanishEU||Espada minish||Minish sword|
- Hyrule Historia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 78
- "We need to learn how to reforge the broken sacred blade." — Ezlo (The Minish Cap)
- "The Picori should know how to create a new sacred sword." — King Daltus (The Minish Cap)
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 83
- "Do you know about that sword, Link? It is called the Picori Blade, and it locks much evil away in that chest. The Picori Blade is sacred among the people of Hyrule." — Minister Potho (The Minish Cap)
- "Whoever wins the competition earns the honor of touching the sacred blade." — Minister Potho (The Minish Cap)
- "...?!? Empty? There was nothing in there but those monsters? What is the meaning of this? Well, I know the force I'm after is somewhere out there. I'm in no hurry. I can take my time searching for it. Heh heh heh..." — Vaati (The Minish Cap)
- "Here, take a look! I call this blade the White Sword!" — Melari (The Minish Cap)