Evil Spirit from Beyond (OoT)
|Dungeon(s)||Forest Temple (OoT)|
Forsaken Fortress (TWW)
Ganon's Tower (TWW)
Hyrule Castle (FSA)
Temple of Darkness (FSA)
|Reward(s)||Heart Container (OoT)|
Forest Medallion (OoT)
Skull Hammer (TWW)
Ocarina of Time
In Ocarina of Time, Phantom Ganon is the boss of the Forest Temple. Once the battle starts, Phantom Ganon jumps into one of the six paintings around the room. Afterwards, it and two replicas will ride to the front of three paintings. The real one can be spotted by its lighter color. A purple vortex then appears revealing the real Phantom Ganon. As Phantom Ganon jumps out of the painting, Link can shoot it with the Fairy Bow. If the Arrow misses or is delayed, it summons an electric ball on the ground that scatters across the platform. This can be avoided by standing on one of the Triforce images on each corner of the platform. After three shots, Phantom Ganon leaves its horse, starting the second part of the battle.
Phantom Ganon now attacks by shooting an energy ball from its staff at Link while hovering over the ground. Link can hit the ball back with the Master Sword or a Bottle. After enough hits, Phantom Ganon falls to the ground paralyzed, where it can be hit multiple times with the Master Sword. When its health is halved, Phantom Ganon can also attack by twirling his staff a few times and then charging at Link, dealing three hearts of damage. Once defeated, Link receives a Heart Container and the Forest Medallion.
The Wind Waker
|Phantom Ganon (Figurine from The Wind Waker)|
|Habitat: Forsaken Fortress|
Effective Weapons: Light Arrows, Master Sword
This is a phantom that Ganondorf created in his own likeness. Use your sword to knock back the balls of magic that he hurls, then attack him when he's stunned.
Actually, you can also use empty bottles to deflect his magic attacks.
In The Wind Waker, Phantom Ganon appears in the Forsaken Fortress and in Ganon's Tower. It must be defeated by reflecting its blue orbs with the Sword or an empty Bottle. Once hit by a reflected attack, Link can attack Phantom Ganon with his Sword. He can also attack it by intercepting its Sword attacks. After defeating Phantom Ganon in the Forsaken Fortress, Link receives the Skull Hammer.
During its fight in Ganon's Castle, Phantom Ganon is accompanied by four illusions of itself. It now also attacks by throwing dark energy balls, which splits into a group of small bursts of energy flying towards Link. These can be sent back at it with a Spin Attack. After just one hit, Phantom Ganon disappears, leaving its Sword behind with the handle pointing at the door Link must open to advance. Once the Light Arrows are found, they must be shot at Phantom Ganon once stunned in order to finally defeat it.
Link can grab Phantom Ganon's Sword to attack; however, it must be hold with both hands, leaving Link unable to use his Shield. After defeating Phantom Ganon in Ganon's Castle's labyrinth, Link must throw its Sword at the brick wall to gain access to the top of the Tower.
Four Swords Adventures
In Four Swords Adventures, Phantom Ganon first appears as the boss of Hyrule Castle. In order to defeat it, the Links must hit its energy balls back and forth with the Sword. Once stunned, it is vulnerable to slashes from the Sword. Phantom Ganon appears once again as the boss of the Temple of Darkness; however, it now summons clones to its aid. The real Phantom Ganon will throw green orbs that can be hit back, while the clones throw white balls that break when hit with the Sword.
- In The Wind Waker, the Hylian script on Phantom Ganon's Sword reads "Zubora Gabora", the names of the Zubora and Gabora, the blacksmiths who forge Link's Kokiri Sword in Majora's Mask.
- During the boss fight against Phantom Ganon in Wind Waker, his boss theme has three variations that occur during portions of the Dead Man's Volley match between himself and Link, depending on the state of the duel and the victor. Something similar would later occur in Twilight Princess during the final battle against Ganondorf during the swordlock duel.
- The Wall Merging ability from A Link Between Worlds was inspired by Phantom Ganon from Ocarina of Time, who also has the ability to enter walls through paintings.
- The quad-blight Ganons from Breath of the Wild are Phantoms created by Ganon.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||異次元悪霊ファントムガノン (Ijigen Akuryō Fantomu Ganon) (OoT)
ファントムガノン (Fantomu Ganon) (TWW)
|Evil Spirit of Another Dimension: Phantom Ganon|
|ChineseSI||异次元恶灵幻影盖侬||Evil Spirit of Another Dimension: Phantom Ganon|
|ChineseTR||異次元惡靈幻影加農||Evil Spirit of Another Dimension: Phantom Ganon|
|French||Esprit Maléfique de l'Au-Delà: Ganon Spectral (OoT)
Fântome de Ganon (TWW)
|Evil Spirit from Beyond: Spectral Ganon|
|FrenchCA||Ganon Spectral: Esprit maléfique de l'au-delà (OoT3D)||Spectral Ganon: Evil Spirit from Beyond|
|German||Reitendes Unheil: Phantom-Ganon (OoT)||Riding Calamity: Phantom Ganon|
|Italian||Spettro ganon||Ghost Ganon|
|Korean||이차원악령 팬텀 가논 (Ichawon Akryeong Paenteom Ganon)||Evil Spirit from Another Dimension: Phantom Ganon|
|Spanish||Ganon Fantasma||Phantom Ganon|
|SpanishLA||Espíritu maligno de ultratumba: Ganon Fantasma (OoT3D)
Ganon fantasma (TWWHD)
|Evl Spirit from Beyond the Grave: Phantom Ganon|
- Art & Artifacts (Dark Horse Books), pg. 179 (OoT) & 241 (TWW)
- Breath of the Wild – Creating a Champion (Dark Horse Books), pg. 80
- "Phantom Ganon It's an evil ghost of the Forest Temple! He comes out of one of the pictures. Answer his magic attack with an attack of your own!" — Navi (Ocarina of Time)
- "Phantom Ganon Attack him when he comes out of one of the pictures! Watch out for the fake one!" — Navi (Ocarina of Time)
- "It appears as a mini-boss at two different points in the game-the first during Link's second visit to the Forsaken Fortress, the second during the Ganon's Tower quest." (The Wind Waker Official Game Guide (Prima Games), pg. 33)
- "To defeat Phantom Ganon, swing your sword so it hits the ball of magic and sends it back at Phantom Ganon, who knocks it back at you. It's like a tennis game-keep returning Phantom Ganon's shots until he misses and is stunned by his own attack." (The Wind Waker manual, pg. 79)
- "In both fights, Phantom Ganon shoots a white ball of magical energy that you can deflect with a well-timed sword or Empty Bottle Swing." (The Wind Waker Official Game Guide (Prima Games), pg. 33)
- "When Phantom Ganon is defeated-a chest appears in the courtyard. Open the chest to get the Skull Hammer." (The Wind Waker Official Game Guide (Prima Games), pg. 79)
- "The sword-hilts of my servants who lurk deep in the darkness shall be the guideposts that point to me." — Stone in Ganon's Tower (The Wind Waker)
- "Pick up the Phantom Ganon's sword and throw it at the one door in the room through which you haven't gone...The Phantom Ganon's sword shatters he door and you can now go through." (The Wind Waker Official Game Guide (Prima Games), pg. 119)
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 302
- Breath of the Wild – Creating a Champion (Dark Horse Books), pg. 80