We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: End of Week.
Pendants of Virtue
|Pendants of Virtue|
The three pendants of Virtue
|Other media||A Link to the Past (Ishinomori)|
|Use(s)||Retrieve the Master Sword|
|Comparable Item(s)||Spiritual Stones|
In A Link to the Past, the pendants are required in order to retrieve the Master Sword. Link must travel to three dungeons and collect each one before going to the Lost Woods to find the Master Sword. An ancient Hylian verse on the pedestal of the Master Sword about the pendants reads:
Wins three symbols of virtue.
The Master Sword he will then retrieve,
In A Link Between Worlds, the pendants are also required to obtain the Master Sword. Link receives the Pendant of Courage from Princess Zelda, but must travel to two dungeons to find the other two. Once all three pendants are acquired, Link must travel to the Lost Woods to obtain the Master Sword.
List of Pendants
Pendant of Courage
In A Link Between Worlds, Link receives the Pendant of Courage from Princess Zelda after warning her of Yuga's capture of Seres in a painting. Zelda claims that she has seen Link in her dreams, and that she believes he is a hero who has come to vanquish evil. However, though she states that it will aid Link in his journey, Zelda only recognizes the Pendant as a simple charm. After Yuga bars Hyrule Castle from the outside, Sahasrahla reveals to Link that the charm is actually the Pendant of Courage.
Pendant of Power
In A Link to the Past, the Pendant of Power is found in the Desert Palace, in the south-west of Hyrule. The dungeon bosses are three Lanmolas. Oddly, this Pendant is blue in color, while other items associated with power or Din, such as the Goron's Ruby, Din's Pearl, and Din's Flame, are colored red. However, this could be because stronger variants of enemies are usually colored blue, such as in The Legend of Zelda.
In A Link Between Worlds, the Pendant of Power can be found in the Tower of Hera atop Death Mountain. The pendant is guarded by a Moldorm and is released once the Moldorm has been defeated. Unlike in A Link to the Past, the Pendant of Power is red, matching the colors of similar items.
Pendant of Wisdom
In A Link to the Past, the Pendant of Wisdom is located in the Tower of Hera atop Death Mountain. Like the Pendant of Power in A Link Between Worlds, a Moldorm is the single guardian of the Pendant of Wisdom. Like the Pendant of Power, this pendant is a different color than other items similar to it, such as the Zora's Sapphire, Nayru's Pearl, and Nayru's Flame.
In A Link Between Worlds, the Pendant of Wisdom is located in the House of Gales in the southeast lake region of Hyrule. The guardian of the Pendant of Wisdom is Margomill. Upon Margomill's defeat, the Pendant of Wisdom is released. The Pendant of Wisdom is blue and matches similar items.
- The sprites for the Pendants of Virtue in A Link Between Worlds look similar to the Goddess Pearls from The Wind Waker.
- "One pendant has been enshrined in the House of Gales. And the other pendant, in the Tower of Hera." — Sahasrahla (A Link Between Worlds)
- "I've seen your face in my dreams of late. For I've dreamt of a hero locked in battle with a terrible evil." — Princess Zelda (A Link Between Worlds)
- "Please take good care of this charm. You will have need of it soon, Link." — Princess Zelda (A Link Between Worlds)
- "It can't be! You're wearing—! That's the Pendant of Courage!" — Sahasrahla (A Link Between Worlds)
- "The symbols are the legendary Pendants of Virtue. I can help you with the Pendant of Courage...but finding the remaining two pendants is not a quest to be taken lightly... Do you really believe you can accomplish this task, young man?" (A Link to the Past (Nintendo Power), pg. 13)
- "Hanging on that strange statue! It's the pendant!" (A Link to the Past (Nintendo Power), pg. 12)
- "Link... The pendant is the third eye..." (A Link to the Past (Nintendo Power), pg. 12)
|Names in Other Regions|
|Pendants of Virtue||Pendant of Power||Pendant of Wisdom||Pendant of Courage|
|Japanese||力の紋章 (Chikara no Monshō)||知恵の紋章 (Chie no Monshō)||勇気の紋章 (Yūki no Monshō)|
|FrenchCA||Pendentif de la force (ALBW)||Pendentif de la sagesse (ALBW)||Pendentif du courage (ALBW)|
|FrenchEU||Pendentif du Pouvoir||Pendentif de la Sagesse||Pendentif du Courage|
|German||Amulett der Stärke
Amulett der Kraft
|Amulett der Wesheit||Amulett des Mutes|
|Italian||Amuleti della Virtù||Amuleto della Forza||Amuleto della Saggezza||Amuleto del Coraggio|
|SpanishEU||Colgantes de la virtud|| Colgante de la Fuerza (ALttP)
Colgante del Poder (ALBW)
|Colgante de la Sabiduría||Colgante del Valor|
|SpanishLA||Colgantes de la virtud (ALBW)||Colgante del Poder (ALBW)||Colgante de la Sabiduría (ALBW)||Colgante del Valor (ALBW)|