We would love to get your opinion on your experience with our site with a short survey. Take Survey
Peatrice's job at the Item Check bores her, so she spends most of her time daydreaming about the perfect man. Initially, she treats Link with indifference and a slight degree of sarcasm, but if he visits her regularly after completing the Lanayru Mining Facility, she gradually becomes more affectionate towards him. The manner of winning her affection is to visit her in the Skyloft Bazaar once per day for a number of days. If he stops visiting her, she will revert to her indifferent personality. After visiting Peatrice enough times,[how many?] the young woman becomes more cheerful and flirtatious around Link, using words like "sweetie" and "darling" to address him. If he visits her house at night at this stage, she will ask Link how he feels about her. Link can choose to tell Peatrice that he likes her, or he can reject her.
If he tells her that he likes her, she will reward him with five Gratitude Crystals and Fi's comment will change to confirm that Link is interested in Peatrice, and advises him not to mention her around Zelda. Peatrice will also tell Link that she understands that he is on an adventure, and promises to take care of his items and to keep their love secret until he completes his task. A re-occuring habit of hers while she is infatuated of Link is to shape her hands to the form of a heart. Interestingly, her bed boards are also designed with heart shaped wood.
If he chooses to reject her, her father Peater will express gratitude that his daughter's secret suitor isn't bothering her anymore and give Link five Gratitude Crystals. Incidentally, after this, upon being talked to again, Peatrice will make humorous comments about her broken heart. She also will wonder why her father has been in such a good mood after her rejection.
Since most Skyloftians are named after birds, her name seems to come from the Peacock and possibly Rectrice, tail feathers. It may also be a corruption of "Beatrice" with the reference to "peacock", much like her father's name.
|Names in Other Regions|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
Concept art of Peatrice from Hyrule Historia
- "Item Check Girl
Peatrice's House" — N/A (Skyward Sword)
- "What? You tellin' me you don't know who I am? Believe it or not, I used to be the most popular guy in the sky! Mr. Skyloft, that was me. But...you might relate better if I told you I was the proud father of Skyloft's most popular girl: Peatrice, princess of the Item Check." — Peater (Skyward Sword)
- "Due to boredom, she often daydreams of meeting her ideal male counterpart, resulting in a precipitous drop in the quality of her customer service." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "Item Check keeper Peatrice final version" (Hyrule Historia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 29)
- "Look, hon, it's not humane to tease someone this bored. Knock it off, OK?" — Peatrice (Skyward Sword)
- "Hello...and welcome to the Item Check. Want to put stuff from your pouch into storage? OK. Want to take something out of storage? That's fine. So is there anything in your pouch or in storage that you want to move?" — Peatrice (Skyward Sword)
- "What's with you? Leave me alone if you don't want anything. Sheesh... I'm busy staring at a wall." — Peatrice (Skyward Sword)
- "What's your deal? Stop bothering me if you don't want anything. I'm busy watching dust settle on my counter." — Peatrice (Skyward Sword)
- "I calculate an 80% probability that regular visits to the Item Check during the day will change Peatrice's feelings toward you." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "Oh. Hey. This is the Item Check. But I bet you're here just to check me out, right? Well don't make a habit of it, OK?" — Peatrice (Skyward Sword)
- "See you next time! Tee hee!" — Peatrice (Skyward Sword)
- "I hope you're not in a hurry to go, sweetie!" — Peatrice (Skyward Sword)
- "Welcome, my darling! I've been waiting for you! You can trust me with anything! Errr, your stuff, I mean..." — Peatrice (Skyward Sword)
- "Link... You came to see me. Thank you. The truth is...there's something I'm just dying to get off my chest, Link. I'm just going to ask you something point-blank, OK? (...) What do you think about me?" — Peatrice (Skyward Sword)
- "(I like you!)" — Link (Skyward Sword)
- "What? So you really do like me? (I'm...sorry.)" — Peatrice (Skyward Sword)
- "...But I understand your true feelings. Better than you know. You're saying that you cannot give yourself over to love just yet... That you have much more important things to do right now. You have some kind of serious job you have to attend to first, right? If you weren't off on an adventure, you probably wouldn't need to come by the Item Check so often. And that's why I won't ask any more of you. I'll just watch over you, protecting you from afar, keeping a vigilant eye on your items. And when your important work is done, we'll tell my dad we're in love! Until then, we'll keep our love secret! Darling, I... I'll see you again at the Item Check." — Peatrice (Skyward Sword)
- "Hey, Link! Have I got news for you! My sweetie daughter's given her good-for-nothin' feller the boot! Of course, I feel for her. I hate to see her blue and all, but... I'm pleased as punch the egg-swipin' scamp's out of the picture! Tell me true, Link. Are you responsible for breakin' them up? Never mind! It makes no difference to me. I'm as happy as a Loftwing in an updraft. I truly am." — Peater (Skyward Sword)
- "Welcome, Link. Do you have something to deposit with me, the woman who got over her broken heart and is getting prettier by the day?" — Peatrice (Skyward Sword)
- "You won't trust me with your heart, but you give me all the extra junk you don't want to have to carry around. You're such a romantic. I'm joking, I'm joking. I do need to make room, though, so trade some items or do something to help me out." — Peatrice (Skyward Sword)
- "I don't know why, but my father has been in a great mood lately... Does he even realize that his only daughter has just had her heart broken for the very first time? How annoying..." — Peatrice (Skyward Sword)
- Hyrule Historia (Les Éditions Soleil) pg. 29 (SS)