When Peater is first met on Bamboo Island, Link does not seem to remember him, though Peater knows the young hero. This prompts Peater to explain his identity, declaring he used to be "Mr. Skyloft", and very popular. He also adds that Peatrice is his daughter. Afterward, he can be found in his house in Skyloft at night. Due to age and stress, he claims he has lost the figure he once had, though his reputation still stands. He continues to wear the chain mail he wore as a knight, although it does not fit correctly because of his weight gain. To train enthusiastic youths, such as he once was, he runs the Bamboo Island both as a business and an opportunity for knights to test their skills. Depending on how well he does, Link will be rewarded with either nothing, 30 Rupees, an uncommon Treasure, or a rare Treasure. If Link uses the Goddess Sword, Peater will advise him that slicing bamboo would be easier with a longer blade.
He is extremely defensive of his daughter, cautioning Link not to get anywhere near her. Later, however, Peater will ask Link to keep any admirers of Peatrice away from her, as he cannot always remain in Skyloft, oblivious to the fact that Link is the one she has fallen for. If Peatrice confesses her undying love to Link, and he refuses her, Peater will enthusiastically thank Link for discouraging the interested youth in question, and give him five Gratitude Crystals. If he accepts her love, Peater will be disappointed in him, but remain ignorant that Link is the one she has feelings for.
Following the bird naming patterns of most Skyloftians, Peater seems to be a corruption of "Peter" with the reference to a "peacock"
|Names in Other Regions|
|FrenchEU||Panolo||From "paon" (peacock).|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
Concept art of Peater from Hyrule Historia
- "He was once a knight, and he is also the father of Peatrice, from Item Check." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- Hyrule Historia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 35
- "What? You tellin' me you don't know who I am?" — Peater (Skyward Sword)
- "Whoa! Is that you, Link? Never thought I'd run into you here." — Peater (Skyward Sword)
- "Mr. Skyloft, that was me." — Peater (Skyward Sword)
- "There was a time I was the most popular guy in all of Skyloft. Folks were always cheerin’ me on like it was a parade. But as you know, time passes." — Peater (Skyward Sword)
- "But...you might relate better if I told you I was the proud father of Skyloft's most popular girl: Peatrice, princess of the Item Check. How's that? Does that clear anything up for you, young feller? Ha ha ha ha!" — Peater (Skyward Sword)
- "Thanks for stopping by. Welcome to the home of Skyloft's most popular father-and-daughter dream team." — Peater (Skyward Sword)
- "And I’m not the young buck I used to be. I eat when I get stressed, and I’m worried about my darlin’ daughter all the time! I mean, look at this belly!" — Peater (Skyward Sword)
- "So, what's it gonna be? Want to hack some bamboo? One try will cost you 10 Rupees." — Peater (Skyward Sword)
- "Thing is, see, it's a contest to see how many cuts you can make before it hits the ground. If you're good enough, you'll stroll out of here with a prize!" — Peater (Skyward Sword)
- "Well, look at that. Now that I take a gander at the thing, it's clear you got yourself a stubby little sword. You did mighty well considering that. See, the longer the sword you got, the easier it is to zip through that bamboo like a loaf of warm butter! If you get yourself a longer blade in the future, come back and try again. You'll be surprised what a little extra steel can do for your chopping score!" — Peater (Skyward Sword)
- "Not that I want you anywhere near my little cupcake. No, sir! You lay a finger on her, and you'll have to buy new gloves." — Peater (Skyward Sword)
- "You got to help me out. You see anyone buzzin’ around my little flower, you give him what for and send him packin’. I’ll keep my peepers peeled too, but I can’t stand watch all day long." — Peater (Skyward Sword)
- "Link... You came to see me. Thank you. The truth is...there's something I'm just dying to get off my chest, Link. I'm just going to ask you something point-blank, OK? (...) What do you think about me?" — Peatrice (Skyward Sword)
- "Hey, Link! Have I got news for you! My sweetie daughter's given her good-for-nothin' feller the boot! Of course, I feel for her. I hate to see her blue and all, but... I'm pleased as punch the egg-swipin' scamp's out of the picture! Tell me true, Link. Are you responsible for breakin' them up? Never mind! It makes no difference to me. I'm as happy as a Loftwing in an updraft. I truly am." — Peater (Skyward Sword)
- "Bamboo slivers! My darlin' daughter's got herself a feller, Link! Oh...who could it be? Who's the scamp who's stolen my muffin's heart? And you, Link! Why did I ever put my trust in you? Any more brains and I'd be as smart as a tree stump. Oh my goodness gracious... What am I supposed to do now?" — Peater (Skyward Sword)
- Hyrule Historia (Les Éditions Soleil) pg. 35 (SS)