The Legend of Zelda Manual Comment
Several groups of Patras appear throughout Level-9 in both the First Quest and the Second Quest. Patras are flying eyeballs with wings that are always found in a circular shaped group with a larger Patra in the center. Patra groups come in two types of formations. While both types have the smaller Patras flying in a continuous circle, one type periodically expands and contracts across the room, while the other type rotates like a gyroscope. Link cannot damage the Patra in the center until he has defeated all eight of the smaller Patras that circle it. Each smaller Patra has 6 health and the larger Patra has 11 health, totaling the entire group at 59 health. Patras are only vulnerable to Swords and physical hits from Magical Rod. When defeated, the large Patra may drop either a Heart, a Fairy or one Rupee.[note 1]
BS The Legend of Zelda
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||パタラ (Patara)||From パタパタ (Patapata), onomatopoeia of flapping wings|
- If Link defeats 10 enemies without getting hit or teleporting with the Recorder, then the 10th enemy defeated will drop five Rupees. However, if the 10th enemy is defeated with a Bomb, then it will drop four Bombs. If Link defeats 16 enemies without getting hit or teleporting, then the 16th enemy will drop a Fairy. After the 16th enemy, Link must get hit and reset the counter to zero in order to achieve this effect again. Defeating Armoses, Like Likes, Keeses, or Gels will not be counted.
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 176 (TLoZ | OoS)
- "The Patra attack in groups, in two types of formations. Both formation groups are strong. So be on your toes!" (The Legend of Zelda manual, pg. 38)
- n.a., Forced Drops, redcandle.us, published n.d., retrieved August 17, 2017.
- "Eeh! Get away from me, you stupid Patra! Link! Link! Where are you?" — Princess Zelda (The Legend of Zelda TV Series, Episode 9 )
- "Get away, you gross things!" — Princess Zelda (The Legend of Zelda TV Series, Episode 9 )