Music Box Monster
Pamela's Father is a scientist who researches supernatural phenomena like Fairies and ghosts. He lives with his daughter Pamela in the Music Box House of Ikana Canyon. He moved with Pamela from Clock Town to Ikana Canyon in order to research the ghosts and spirits that haunt the Ikana Valley. They settled in a house at the top of the canyon, which he later turned into the Music Box House. While studying Gibdos, he discovered a song called "Farewell to Gibdos," which drives away the mummified creatures. He programmed the Music Box House to play this melody, keeping Gibdos away from their house.
One day, while continuing his research of Gibdos, he tried to go into the nearby well. He then got cursed, which gradually caused him to start turning into a Gibdo. Meanwhile, the river that kept the Music Box House working dried, stopping the music and letting the Gibdos roam free. The frightened Pamela shoved her father in the closet of the basement, keeping him away from the Gibdos that had begun gathering outside her house, believing that her father is one of them. Pamela keeps her door locked at all times and refuses to open to anyone who tries to enter, thinking that they are Gibdos trying to take her father away.
Link eventually drives away the mummified creatures by restoring the flow of the river, which causes Pamela to unlock the door to her house. When Pamela leaves her house to inspect the well, Link can sneak in and go into the basement. There, Pamela's Father lunges out from the closet in which he was being kept and starts approaching the young hero at a slow pace. Link can then play the "Song of Healing," lifting the curse and leaving the Gibdo Mask behind. Pamela then comes in and embraces her father, who is completely unaware of the events that have taken place. If Link later talks to Pamela, she reveals that she keeps his assistance a secret from her father. If Link instead gets too close to Pamela's Father while he is approaching or tries to draw his Sword, Pamela will appear and kick him out. If this happens, Pamela's Father will seem to recognize his daughter and will then curl into a ball, moaning and clutching his head.
Pamela's Father has an extensive knowledge about Gibdos and Garo Robes, and he is happy to explain the background of the monsters. If Link speaks to him while wearing one of the transformation masks, his Ghost Radar will react, and will then proceed to ask the young hero to stay so that he can research him. He is also interested in studying Tatl, who he claims is more lively than most Fairies he has seen, and the Gibdo Mask, which he believes will help him understand the Gibdo life-form itself.
Pamela's Father mentions that there have been rumors of Garo sightings near Romani Ranch, noting that it is strange for them to show themselves to people. These so-called Garo are implied to be the Gorman Brothers, who wear Garo Masks on their night raids.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||パメラのお父さん (Pamera no Otousan)||Pamela's Father|
|FrenchEU||Père de Pamela||Pamela's Father|
|German||Pamelas Vater||Pamela's Father|
- "Music Box Monster" — Visions (Majora's Mask 3D)
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 245
- "I am the famed academic who researches fairies, ghosts and similar so-called supernatural phenomena." — Pamela's Father (Majora's Mask)
- "Once he calms down a bit, I think I'll try convincing him to quit researching in this dangerous place and to go back to town." — Pamela (Majora's Mask)
- "By the way, the song, Farewell to Gibdos, which the music box is now playing, drives away Gibdos. I discovered it after many years of researching Gibdos." — Pamela's Father (Majora's Mask)
- "I even tried to go into that well once myself... Strangely enough, though, I don't remember anything that happened there." — Pamela's Father (Majora's Mask)
- "Those inssside...Our friendsss... Brrrriiiiinnnng them!" — Gibdo (Majora's Mask)
- "Keep away from our house! My father is not one of you!" — Pamela (Majora's Mask)
- "What have I been doing this whole time?" — Pamela's Father (Majora's Mask)
- "Um...What you did for my father... Thank you. But... You helping us...It's a secret from my father." — Pamela (Majora's Mask)
- "Get out! Forget everything you've seen here and get out!" — Pamela (Majora's Mask)
- "Are you curious about that picture? That is a mummified man. Its scientific name is Gibdo. A tale in Ikana tells of a treasure that rests at the bottom of the well on the hilltop. It seems the spirits of those who became Gibdos upon entering the well in search of that treasure still linger inside." — Pamela's Father (Majora's Mask)
- "Are you curious about that picture? That is the ghost of a ninja. Its scientific name is Garo Robe. They are merely shells that are empty on the inside. They're the shells of spies from an enemy nation sent to investigate Ikana. They have been unable to forget their living days. Even now their spirits--emptiness cloaked in darkness--continue to spy." — Pamela's Father (Majora's Mask)
- "Oh! Hmmmm! My Ghost Radar is reacting fiercely. [...] This is verrry intriguing. Could you remain here a while and permit me to research you?" — Pamela's Father (Majora's Mask)
- "...It's been some time since I've a seen a fairy this lively. Say, young man! Would you permit me to do research on this fairy?" — Pamela's Father (Majora's Mask)
- "Oh! That mask is certainly a Gibdo! Young man! Where did you get that? Hmmmm...The more I look at it, the more this mask looks like a real Gibdo to me. With this mask, you probably could convey your feelings to Gibdos. Perhaps you could even investigate the Gibdo life-form itself! Say, young man! Would you permit me to do research on that mask?" — Pamela's Father (Majora's Mask)
- "According to rumor, those Garos frequently appear near the ranch on the far side of town." — Pamela's Father (Majora's Mask)
- "Although they are said to be shells, Garos are still ninja and they will not show themselves in front of people. Yet there are many sightings near the ranch... That's strange." — Pamela's Father (Majora's Mask)