We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
Owl Statue from Majora's Mask
|Other media||Hyrule Warriors|
Hyrule Warriors Legends
|Use(s)||Receiving hints (LA, OoX)|
Reaching new areas (TP)
|Comparable Object(s)||Stone Slab|
Owl Statues are a recurring object in The Legend of Zelda series.
Location and Uses
In Link's Awakening DX, Owl Statues are located inside every Dungeon. They reside on walls with a hole where its beak should be. After Link finds a Stone Beak, he can attach it to an Owl Statue to receive hints on Puzzles, enemies, Mini-bosses, or the Dungeon's Boss. They replace Stone Slabs from Link's Awakening, being identical in every way but name and appearance. Link will not understand the Owl Statue's hints until he attaches a Stone Beak to it.
In Majora's Mask, Owl Statues are made in the likeness of Kaepora Gaebora, who resides in Termina. After learning the "Song of Soaring", Link can warp to any Owl Statue he has activated; the statues are activated by striking them with a Sword. They also serve as save points where Link can save and quit, although they are temporary saves, as the only way to fully save is by playing the "Song of Time." When Link saves in an Owl Statue, an Owl mark will appear next to the game file.
In Majora's Mask 3D, Owl Statues need to be checked instead of hit with the Sword to activate them, and now permanently save Link's progress. Additionally, some Owl Statues were relocated. Quill Statues, a new type of statue, were also added; these statues allow saving, but cannot be warped to with the "Song of Soaring." Quill Statues appear all across Termina, including inside dungeons.
- South Clock Town
- Milk Road
- Southern Swamp
- Mountain Village
- Great Bay Coast
- Zora Cape
- Ikana Canyon
- Stone Tower
- Deku Palace
- Woodfall Temple
- Goron Village
- Snowhead Temple
- Great Bay Coast
- Pirates' Fortress
- Great Bay Temple
- Road to Ikana
- Ikana Graveyard
- Beneath the Well
- Ancient Castle of Ikana
- Stone Tower Temple
- Inside the Moon
In Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons, giving a Mystery Seed to a statue will cause it to raise its wings and give advice on a nearby challenge. In Holodrum, Owl Statues are known as Owl Stones.
In Twilight Princess, Owl Statues hold the missing Sky Characters from the Ancient Sky Book. After Ilia's memory is restored, Shad, who is studying an Owl Statue in Renado's Basement, will see the Ancient Sky Book that Link received from Impaz. He will then proceed to read a part of the book to restore power to the Dominion Rod. Link must then search for all remaining statues to find the missing Sky Characters.
In addition to these, five more Owl Statues can be found. The first one is located in Renado's basement near Shad, although it lacks a hole to react to the Dominion Rod. The other two are located in the cemetery of Hyrule Castle. They do not hide Sky Characters, but allow Link access to a Key. The final pair are found in the first part of the Temple of Time. One blocks the path to a Heart Piece, while the other hides a Poe.
|Names in Other Regions|
| Owl Statue
Owl Stone (OoS)
|FrenchCA||Statue de hibou (MM3D)|
|FrenchEU|| Pierre-Hibou (OoS)
Statue chouette (OoA)
Statue représentant un hibou (TP)
Statue de chouette (MM3D)
|Statue de plume|
Statue haben die Form einer Eule (TP)
|Italian|| Statua di gufo
Pietra Gufo (OoS)
|Statua di piuma|
|SpanishEU|| Estatua de un búho
Piedra Búho (OoS)
Estatua de búho (MM3D)
|Monumento con forma de tintero|
|SpanishLA||Estatua de búho (MM3D)|
- "This owl statue is trying to say something, but you can't understand it because it has no beak." — N/A (Link's Awakening)
- "Hoo-Hoot! We meet again, fairy child! Have my stone statues been of help?" — Kaepora Gaebora (Majora's Mask)
- "Thanks to owl statues and quill statues found throughout Termina, you can now save your adventure at any time. But be warned: returning to the dawn of the first day no longer automatically saves your progress." — Nintendo, What's new?, Nintendo UK Official Site, retrieved March 23, 2015.
- "Do not forget to give me Mystery Seeds." — Owl Stone (Oracle of Seasons)
- "Owl Stones are mystic statues that give advice when a certain seed is placed on them!" — Know-It-All Birds (Oracle of Seasons)
- "There are many similar statues around Hyrule, but this one seems to be different. Here, look at the belly... There's something written there, you see? This, too, was in my father's notes... It is called Sky Writing, I believe." — Shad (Twilight Princess)