After coming to the conclusion that Yuga is after the descendants of the Seven Sages, with the intention of freeing Ganon, Sahasrahla asks Link to warn his pupil Osfala, a descendant of the Seven Sages, about the sorcerer's plot. Outside the Eastern Palace's entrance, the young hero encounters Osfala, who recognizes Link as the Blacksmith's apprentice and asks him why he has come to the Palace. The young hero proceeds to inform Osfala about Yuga and the events that recently occurred within the Sanctuary, warning him about the peril he's in. However, Osfala doesn't believe he's in danger, stating that although Yuga is a cause for concern, his master shouldn't be worried about him because he's a descendant of the Seven Sages. In addition, he tells Link that he's also wielding a Sand Rod, so he's almost invincible. He then enters the Eastern Palace, stating that he'll "get to the bottom of all this Yuga nonsense." After Osfala enters the Eastern Palace, Link hears a scream. When the end of the dungeon is reached, Link is already too late, as he arrives just in time to witness Osfala being turned into a Painting by Yuga. Link engages in battle with Yuga in an attempt to rescue Osfala and Seres.
Later, Yuga uses the Seven Sages' powers to resurrect Ganon from darkness and fuses himself with the Demon King. Afterwards, Link discovers Osfala's Painting in Thieves' Town; he is shown to it by the Thief Girl after Link defeats Stalblind inside the Thieves' Hideout. When Osfala emerges in the Chamber of Sages he is surprised because he believed he would be the Hero of the Age. Even though he is disappointed, he wishes Link good luck for the rest of his quest. He then has the Sand Rod returned to Ravio's Shop, where Link can now rent or buy it.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||アスファル (Asufaru)||Possibly from أصفر (aṣfar), meaning "yellow"|
- "Someone else is already renting the Sand Rod. He rented it when I was in the village seeing if that was a good place to set up my shop. He was in such a rush that I didn’t get his name. Said he had important business somewhere. Anyway, I’ve got only one of each item, so you’ll have to wait for that item to come home to roost." — Ravio (A Link Between Worlds)
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 300 (ALBW)
- "You, stop where you are! What are you doing here at the Eastern Palace? Oh, my apologies. I thought you were someone I'm looking for. Aren't you Link? You're the blacksmith's apprentice, right? But what brings you all the way to the Eastern Palace?" — Osfala (A Link Between Worlds)
- "Vile deeds at the Sanctuary? My master sent you to fetch me back to safety?" — Osfala (A Link Between Worlds)
- "Wah-haha! This Yuga you speak of... Surely he's cause for grave concern. But why should Sahasrahla be worried about me? I'm a descendant of the original Seven Sages. I'm just as powerful as they were." — Osfala (A Link Between Worlds)
- "I even got myself a Sand Rod, so I'm more or less invincible. Bold talk, you might say, but it's simply the truth." — Osfala (A Link Between Worlds)
- "I'll get to the bottom of all this Yuga nonsense. Now, farewell to you, Link." — Osfala (A Link Between Worlds)