Features and Overview
After Ilia learns that Epona got injured due to Link's carelessness, she scolds him and takes Epona to the Ordon Spring to treat the wound on her leg. Link follows her there, where the two resolve the situation after Ilia is told about Link's exploits in saving Talo, one of the village children, from enemies that kidnapped him alongside a monkey in the Faron Woods a day earlier. Ilia requests Link be cautious on his journey and shares a tender moment with him before their meeting is crashed by King Bulblin and his Bulblin warriors. The Bulblins knock Link and the rest of the Ordon children (including Ilia) out, and they abduct Ilia and the children, leaving Link out cold in the waters of the Ordon Spring. Upon coming back to, the young hero ventures beyond the veil of Twilight now covering the Faron Province, where he is transformed into a wolf by the power of the Triforce of Courage and taken prisoner to Hyrule Castle before learning of the kingdom's invasion by Zant.
Once the young hero escapes with the help of Midna, he will eventually be beckoned by Ordona to the spring, where a Shadow Beast will promptly appear out of a Twilight Portal, which Link, as a wolf, defeats. Ordona then explains to Link the situation which Hyrule is currently facing and how Zant, the king of Twilight, wants to take over the world. Ordona will also give a backstory about the four Light Spirits that protect the land and how they have gotten their light stolen, urging Link to revive their light since that is the only way in which he can recover his true form.
If Link howls the melody at the Howling Stone located in Death Mountain, the Ancient Hero will appear in wolf form at the Ordon Spring, where he will teach the young hero the Hidden Skill known as the Shield Attack.
Like the rest of the Spirit Springs, Link can walk into the Spring to have his health slowly recovered merely by stepping into its water. In the Cave of Ordeals, when Link reaches the 10th floor, the Great Fairy will reward the young hero by releasing recovery Fairies into the Ordon Spring. Reaching the last floor of the cave will allow Link to talk to the Great Fairy at the spring and receive unlimited Great Fairy's Tears, provided that he does not already have a Bottle full of them.
|Names in Other Regions|
|FrenchEU||Source de Latouane|
- "In praise of your efforts thus far, I will release fairies to Ordon Spring." — Great Fairy (Twilight Princess HD)
- "It'll be all right, Epona. I'll take you to the forest spring right now." — Ilia (Twilight Princess HD)
- "Wait... What's this? What's happened? She's injured, isn't she? Link! How could you! You were pushing Epona too hard again! I bet you hurt her leg jumping fences, didn't you!" — Ilia (Twilight Princess)
- "I had no idea... I hadn't heard the details about Talo's capture... But, Colin..." — Ilia (Twilight Princess)
- "Don't worry about your horse, Link. Fortunately, it looks like the injury isn't too serious. You two can go on together. But, Link... Can you at least promise me this? No matter what happens on your journey, don't try to do anything...out of your league. Please." — Ilia (Twilight Princess)
- "The blight will not stop with Hyrule. Before long, the entire world of light will fall into the hands of the king who rules the twilight." — Ordona (Twilight Princess)
- "To save this land from the king of twilight, the lost light must be recovered. The three light spirits who have lost their light must be revived. [...] Unless... If you were to return to Faron Woods where you were first transformed... If you were to revive the light spirit... There, by the power of the light spirit, you may find the means to regain your other state of being..." — Ordona (Twilight Princess)
- "If ever you need my assistance again, visit any spring." — Great Fairy (Twilight Princess)
|Hyrule in Twilight Princess|
|Click on a location|