Ook is the leader of the Monkeys of Faron Woods, who is being controlled by a parasite. He is first seen when he cuts down a bridge across a chasm with the Gale Boomerang in the Forest Temple. Later, when Link enters his chamber, he finds the primate standing atop a pillar. Ook then swings his Gale Boomerang at several Baba Serpents hanging from the ceiling, then taunts Link by spanking his bottom, and initiates a battle with him. After the battle, Ook's parasitic mite is destroyed and he returns to normal, and he later returns to help Link battle Diababa, the dungeon's boss. He aids in the fight by swinging across the room on a rope carrying Bomblings for Link to use against Diababa.
Ook throws his Gale Boomerang at Link while jumping across several pillars in the center of the room. The Baba Serpents that Ook cuts off from the ceiling will chase after Link after they hit the ground. Dodging Ook's Boomerang is easy, but getting him down from the pillars is a little more difficult. After he throws his Boomerang, Link must dodge it, then ram the pillar he is standing on. This will cause Ook to lose his balance and get knocked off the pillar by his own Boomerang when it comes back. Once Ook has fallen, his bottom becomes vulnerable. After slashing at him a couple of times, he cuts down more Baba Serpents from the ceiling to attack Link. Once he is defeated, it is revealed that a gigantic mite on his head was controlling him. Defeating him also yields the Gale Boomerang.
|Names in Other Regions|
- "Boy, lucky for me... Ever since the boss went funny in the head, there've been scary monsters everywhere..." — Monkey (Twilight Princess HD)
- "After Ook realizes his antics, his bottom is flush with embarrassment, and he hops out of a hole in the cavern." (Twilight Princess HD Prima Official Game Guide (Prima Games) pg. 84)
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 196
- "After a final ignominious buttock bashing, Ook gives up his Boomerang, knocks himself out on his own totem pole, and pops off the parasite beetle responsible for his manic antics!" (Twilight Princess HD Prima Official Game Guide (Prima Games) pg. 84)
- "A huge white baboon, known as Ook, raises from the opposite ledge, and launches a large Gale Boomerang! This severs the bridge supports, and the structure comes crashing down. The monkey scampers back, while the bad baboon pats his buttocks with joy!" (Twilight Princess HD Prima Official Game Guide (Prima Games) pg. 73)
- "You won’t have harmed this deadly monstrosity yet but don’t worry; help is on the way! Ook swings in from an upper (and unreachable) entrance, and produces a Bombling!" (Twilight Princess HD Prima Official Game Guide (Prima Games) pg. 94)