Ook is the leader of the monkeys of Faron Woods, who is being controlled by a parasite. He is first seen when he cuts down a bridge across a chasm with the Gale Boomerang in the Forest Temple. Later, when Link enters his chamber, he finds the primate standing atop a pillar. Ook then swings his Gale Boomerang at several Baba Serpents hanging from the ceiling, then taunts Link by spanking his bottom, and initiates a battle with him. After the battle, Ook's parasitic mite is destroyed and he returns to normal, and he later comes back to help Link battle Diababa, the dungeon's boss. He aids in the fight by swinging across the screen carrying Bomblings for Link to use against Diababa.
Ook throws his Gale Boomerang at Link while jumping across several pillars in the center of the room. The Baba Serpents that Ook cut off from the ceiling will also chase after Link. Dodging his Boomerang is easy, but getting him down from the pillars is a bit harder. After he throws his Boomerang, Link must dodge it, then ram the pillar he is standing on. Ook then starts to lose his balance and then gets knocked off the pillar by his own Boomerang when it comes back. Once fallen, his bottom becomes vulnerable. After slashing at him a couple of times, he cuts down some more Baba Serpents to attack Link. Once he is defeated, it is revealed that a gigantic mite on his head was controlling him. Defeating him also yields the Gale Boomerang.
|Names in Other Regions|
- "After Ook realizes his antics, his bottom is flush with embarrassment, and he hops out of a hole in the cavern." (Twilight Princess HD Prima Official Game Guide (Prima Games), pg. 84)
- "Ook" (Art & Artifacts (Dark Horse Books), pg. 294)
- "After a final ignominious buttock bashing, Ook gives up his Boomerang, knocks himself out on his own totem pole, and pops off the parasite beetle responsible for his manic antics!" (Twilight Princess HD Prima Official Game Guide (Prima Games), pg. 84)
- "A huge white baboon, known as Ook, raises from the opposite ledge, and launches a large Gale Boomerang! This severs the bridge supports, and the structure comes crashing down. The monkey scampers back, while the bad baboon pats his buttocks with joy!" (Twilight Princess HD Prima Official Game Guide (Prima Games), pg. 73)
- "You won’t have harmed this deadly monstrosity yet but don’t worry; help is on the way! Ook swings in from an upper (and unreachable) entrance, and produces a Bombling!" (Twilight Princess HD Prima Official Game Guide (Prima Games), pg. 94)