|Location(s)||Shrine of Resurrection|
|Comparable Item(s)||Master Sword|
The One-Hit Obliterator is an item in Breath of the Wild.
Location and Uses
Hyrule Compendium Entry
The One-Hit Obliterator is an unbreakable Weapon that can instantly defeat enemies in a single hit. However, it also renders its user vulnerable to single strikes as well. The One-Hit Obliterator can only be used twice at any given time. When its power is depleted, it will stop glowing for a few seconds to recharge. During this time, its attack power is reduced to 1 and it will not recharge while it is swung.
While the One-Hit Obliterator is in Link's inventory, he cannot switch to another melee Weapon, nor can he regain health. Any health regained through the use of Materials or Food will quickly disappear after Link leaves the inventory screen. The One-Hit Obliterator can safely strike an opponent's Shield without losing its charge. While at full charge, the One-Hit Obliterator can fell Trees in one hit, whereas its uncharged state requires several more hits.
The One-Hit Obliterator is found inside the Shrine of Resurrection after Princess Zelda instructs Link to return the Sheikah Slate to the terminal it was found in. After doing so, the One-Hit Obliterator will appear opposite the terminal inside the chamber. Once Link grabs hold of the One-Hit Obliterator, his Life Gauge will reduce to a mere quarter of a Heart. Upon regaining his composure, the Sheikah Monk, Monk Maz Koshia, calls out to him. Monk Maz Koshia warns Link that while undergoing the Divine Beast Tamer's Trial, he must steel himself with dedication, as its volatile properties render its use highly dangerous. Monk Maz Koshia then directs Link to his task of clearing four marked locations on the Great Plateau, where groups of enemies must be cleared. Monk Maz Koshia also warns Link that if he leaves the Great Plateau at any time before the Trial is complete, the One-Hit Obliterator will leave him and return to its pedestal in the Shrine of Resurrection.
After Link completes Etsu Korima Shrine, Rohta Chigah Shrine, Ruvo Korbah Shrine, and Yowaka Ita Shrine, the One-Hit Obliterator will split into four glowing orbs and scatter to different areas of Hyrule. The One-Hit Obliterator then returns to its pedestal in the Shrine of Resurrection. However, it can no longer be taken from its pedestal and having fulfilled its duty, rests peacefully.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||一撃の剣 (Ichigeki no Tsurugi)||One-Hit Sword|
|FrenchEU||Tétralame Mort-Subite||Four-blade Sudden-Death|
|SpanishEU||Aniquilador Divino||Divine Annihilator|
|SpanishLA||Aniquilador Divino||Divine Annihilator|
- "A weapon that defeats foes with one hit and causes the user to die from one hit. It loses its sheen and power after two consecutive uses, but will eventually regain both." — Inventory (Breath of the Wild)
- "You can use this weapon's ability only twice within a set period of time...only when it is glowing. When enough time passes, the weapon will regain its sheen along with its power." — Monk Maz Koshia (Breath of the Wild)
- "I am Maz Koshia. I now address the one who wishes to master a Divine Beast..." — Monk Maz Koshia (Breath of the Wild)
- "To undertake this task requires unwavering dedication. That weapon defeats foes with one hit. However, the reverse is also true, as its wielder will also fall to a single strike." — Monk Maz Koshia (Breath of the Wild)
- "When enough time passes, the weapon will regain its sheen along with its power. At the four marked locations within the Great Plateau...defeat all monsters present to prove your power." — Monk Maz Koshia (Breath of the Wild)
- "If you are not up to the challenge, leave this plateau. The weapon will return here, and the trial will end." — Monk Maz Koshia (Breath of the Wild)
- "You completed the trials of the Great Plateau! After conquering the last shrine, the One-Hit Obliterator split into four glowing orbs and scattered to different parts of Hyrule." — EX The Champions' Ballad (Breath of the Wild)
- "It has fulfilled its duty. It slumbers peacefully..." — N/A (Breath of the Wild)