We are currently performing an upgrade to our software. This upgrade will bring MediaWiki from version 1.31 to 1.33. While the upgrade is being performed on your wiki it will be in read-only mode. For more information check here.
Oman Au Shrine
|Oman Au Shrine|
The exterior of the Oman Au Shrine
|Game(s)||Breath of the Wild|
Entrance to the Shrine
The Oman Au Shrine is located on the Great Plateau. After Link activates the Sheikah Towers during the first Main Quest, "Follow the Sheikah Slate", the Old Man approaches him at the base of the Great Plateau Tower. The Old Man points him to the Oman Au Shrine across a small lake nearby and asks Link to go there and bring him any treasure he finds. Link must complete this Shrine as part of the Main Quest, "The Isolated Plateau". To enter the Shrine, Link must walk to it and open it by activating the pedestal with his Sheikah Slate.
When Link first enters the Oman Au Shrine, he will find a pedestal in the corner of the room. When Link places his Sheikah Slate into it, he receives the Magnesis Rune, allowing him to move metallic objects magnetically. Two metallic slabs rest in the center of the room, revealing a hole in the floor when moved with Magnesis. By going through the tunnel beneath the hole, Link will come up in another room with a wall of cubes blocking the way to the next room. One of the cubes is metallic, allowing Link to remove it with Magnesis and topple the wall with it. A Guardian Scout I will be waiting for him behind the wall. Link must then traverse across a series of raised platforms by moving a metallic slab with Magnesis to create a bridge between the platforms. At the end of the room, Link will find a large metallic door that he can pull open with Magnesis and reveal the final room of the Shrine. Before entering the final room, Link can use Magnesis to obtain a metallic Treasure Chest containing a Traveler's Bow sitting upon a platform on the wall to the left.
At the end of the Shrine, the Monk Oman Au is found waiting for Link. Oman Au tells Link that he has proven to be a true hero and introduces themself as a humble Monk dedicated to helping those who seek to defeat Ganon. With Oman Au's duty fulfilled, the Monk rewards Link with a Spirit Orb and wishes that the Goddess Hylia smile upon him.
Enemies and Traps
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||マ・オーヌの祠 (Ma Ōnu no Hokora)||Ma Ōnu Shrine|
|Dutch||Tempel van Oman Au||Temple of Oman Au|
|FrenchEU||Sanctuaire de Ma'Ohnu||Ma'Ohnu's Shrine|
|German||Mah-Ounu-Schrein||Mah Ounu Shrine|
|Italian||Sacrario di Mau Ona|
|SpanishEU||Santuario de Maonu||Maonu Shrine|
- "Do you see that structure there? The one shining with a strange light?" — Old Man (Breath of the Wild)
- "I want you to go there and fetch me any treasure you find inside." — Old Man (Breath of the Wild)
- "You have proven to possess the resolve of a true hero" — Oman Au (Breath of the Wild)
- "I am Oman Au, the creator of this trial." — Oman Au (Breath of the Wild)
- "I am a humble monk, blessed with the sight of Goddess Hylia and dedicated to helping those who seek to defeat Ganon." — Oman Au (Breath of the Wild)
- "With your arrival, my duty is now fulfilled." — Oman Au (Breath of the Wild)
- "In the name of Goddess Hylia, allow me to bestow this gift upon you..." — Oman Au (Breath of the Wild)
- "Please accept this Spirit Orb." — Oman Au (Breath of the Wild)
- "May the Goddess smile upon you." — Oman Au (Breath of the Wild)