Old Man's Cabin
|Old Man's Cabin|
Features and Overview
The Old Man's Cabin is a small cabin based in the southwestern region of the Great Plateau. The Old Man's Diary can be found inside, which contains the Recipe for Spicy Meat and Seafood Fry. If Link prepares the dish for the Old Man, he will be rewarded with the Warm Doublet. If the Armor is not obtained either by giving the Old Man the dish or by visiting Mount Hylia, a Treasure Chest containing it will appear inside the Cabin. As Link progresses through the Plateau, the Old Man's Diary will update accordingly. A Cooking Pot can be found outside the Cabin, as well as Barrels including a giant Barrel in which Link can hide.
A Korok can be found hiding atop the roof of the Old Man's Cabin.
- If the Warm Doublet is obtained by giving a Spicy Meat and Seafood Fry to the Old Man or by visiting Mount Hylia, the Treasure Chest containing it will not appear inside the Old Man's Cabin; however, the Sheikah Sensor+ will still detect it even though it cannot be reached.
- Breath of the Wild – Creating a Champion pg. 224
- Breath of the Wild – Creating a Champion pg. 403
- "On this desolate plateau, the only pleasure that brings me comfort is cooking. And today, I outdid myself! Truly, I created the perfect dish. I call it... spicy meat and seafood fry." — The Old Man's Diary (Breath of the Wild)
- "Ah, and I will now write down this perfect recipe so that I will never forget it. Place some raw meat, spicy pepper, and hyrule bass in a pot, and then turn up the heat. Voilà!" — The Old Man's Diary (Breath of the Wild)
- "Sadly, on this lonely plateau, I have only my own knowledge and memory to rely on. Still... If I did find someone who knew the missing ingredient, I would happily reward them with my warm doublet." — The Old Man's Diary (Breath of the Wild)
- "Ah, yes, one more thing. I have left the warm doublet here as a gift of sorts. I'm sure it will be useful on your journey." — The Old Man's Diary (Breath of the Wild)
- "To my surprise and delight, I did happen upon someone who was able to re-create my spicy meat and seafood fry. I gave him my warm doublet, and I was happy to do so. He is a fine young man with great potential, that one." — The Old Man's Diary (Breath of the Wild)