We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: End of Week.
Masked Jungle Warrior
God of Woodfall
|Other Media||Majora's Mask (Himekawa)|
"Oath to Order"
Masked Jungle Warrior: Odolwa is the boss of Woodfall Temple in Majora's Mask. He is a tall, tribal blade dancer whose body is covered in tattoos. He wields a gigantic Sword several times the size of Link. Odolwa imprisoned one of the Four Giants, as well as the Deku Princess, within his temple. Odolwa is also the culprit behind the sad state of Woodfall, as well as the waters of Southern Swamp turning poisonous.
Characteristics and Weaknesses
Odolwa attacks mostly with his Sword which has a long reach, making Link vulnerable as soon as he gets close to him. Odolwa will also defend himself using a large Shield, which makes hitting him more difficult. Odolwa is capable of making a ring of fire appear around Link. He is also capable of summoning Moths and other insects, which will attack Link. The spider-like insects can be defeated for Hearts. The Moths can be distracted with a Bomb, which will then blow up and kill them. It is possible for Link to avoid attacks from the Moths by turning into Deku Link, as the Moths will simply flutter over Link's head. They are also vulnerable to Odolwa's fire. Partway through the battle, Odolwa will start using a Spin Attack.
Link can shoot at Odolwa with his Bow to stun him, then attack with his Sword. Odolwa is capable of deflecting Link's Arrows. He is most vulnerable while he is dancing or attempting to summon insects. Link can also harm Odolwa in Deku form by shooting out of the Deku Flower found in the center of the room. Odolwa is also vulnerable to Bombs or any explosive object, such as the Blast Mask or Bomb Flowers, which can be found along the edges of the room.
Once Odolwa has been defeated, Link will receive a Heart Container and Odolwa's Remains, freeing the guardian Giant of Woodfall. The Giant, as thanks for the rescue, will teach the young hero the "Oath to Order," the song which can call the Four Giants. Because its deity has been freed, the waters of Woodfall will no longer be poisonous. Afterwards, Link will find the Deku Princess, who he can bring home to the Deku Palace in a Bottle.
In Majora's Mask 3D, Odolwa has an eye at the back of his head which serves as his weak point. Link can attack Odolwa with his sword to stun him, leaving his weak point exposed. More Deku Flowers were also added to the boss room, so Deku Link can drop Deku Nuts on Odolwa's head to stun him. He can also knock Odolwa to his knees using his sword after an attack.
- Odolwa's Remains appear in Anju's Grandmother's story about the Carnival of Time. It is attached to the side of the festival tower.
- Odolwa speaks Mayan during his battle with Link, saying "K'iinam tòok òol," "Tòokik taali," and "A'alik beora."
In Japanese, 踊るわ (Odoru wa) means "I'll dance."
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||密林仮面戦士オドルワ (Mitsurin Kamen Senshi: Odoruwa)||Masked Jungle Warrior: Odoruwa|
|FrenchCA||Odolwa, guerrier de la jungle masqué (MM3D)|
|FrenchEU||Masque du Guerrier de la Jungle: Odolwa||Mask of the Jungle Warrior: Odolwa|
|German||Willenloser Dschungelkrieger:Odolwa||Mindless Jungle Warrior: Odolwa|
|Italian||Il guerriero della giungla Odolwa|
|Korean||밀림가면전사 오들바 (Millim Gamyeon Jeonsa: Odeulba)||Masked Jungle Warrior: Odelva|
|Spanish||Guerrero Salvaje Enmascarado: Odolwa||Wild Masked Warrior: Odolwa|
|SpanishLA||Guerrero salvaje enmascarado: Odolwa (MM3D)||Wild masked warrior: Odolwa|
- "I was trying to find out about the poison in the swamp, so I went to Woodfall Temple above the waterfall. But the temple had become a monster's lair, and the princess was captured by the monster..." — Monkey (Majora's Mask)
- "You've seized Odolwa's Remains! You have just freed the innocent spirit that this dark mask had kept imprisoned within the body of evil Odolwa." — N/A (Majora's Mask)
- "Quickly, Mr. Link, could you please find something to carry me in so you can take me to the Deku Palace?" — Deku Princess (Majora's Mask)
- "You put the Deku princess in a bottle! It's a tight fit, but she says she'll be fine if you hurry." — N/A (Majora's Mask)
- Official Majora's Mask 3D Japanese website: Fight & Puzzle
- "I am Odolwa, God of Woodfall... Deku King, you've been neglecting your tributes to me... ...So I took the princess as sacrifice." (The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask Manga (VIZ Media), pg. 79)
- "I will destroy the whole palace!" (The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask Manga (VIZ Media), pg. 79)