The Butler is the devoted guardian of the Cabana of the Private Oasis.[name reference needed] He is quite elitist and concerned with cleanliness, and is, above all, loyal to "the master." As it turns out, he's not a character of flesh and blood at all, but is actually the Cabana's front door.
When Link first arrives at the Cabana, the Butler is exceedingly rude and accuses him of trespassing, but if Link presents him with the Cabana Deed, the Butler's attitude turns reverent. When in the presence of his master, he can actually be quite self-effacing, and manages to imply insulting things with graceful politeness.
The Butler is well versed in the amusements of nobility and he will explain the basics of the puzzle if Link asks. If Link manages to complete a puzzle, he says he is "among the most talented gamesmiths of the noble classes" and will reward him with 50 Rupees as an expression of his "respect and admiration" for his skills. He has 16 different puzzles for Link to try, but asks Link to vacate the Cabana while he sets up the next one, so exactly how he manages to replace the pieces and the completed picture across from it is unknown.
|Names in Other Regions|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- "There was a very dignified butler standing before the door, and I snapped his photo without even thinking... That aside, I am certain this is someone's private cabana." — Lenzo (The Wind Waker)
- "...And just what do you want me to do with that bit of rubbish!? You disrespectful, unwashed imp!" — Butler (The Wind Waker)
- "Ewww! Unclean! Most foul! Don't lay those grungy hands..." — Butler (The Wind Waker)
- "Eh-HEM! This cabana belongs to the master, and the master alone! You grimy, trespassing little scoundrel! Away with you! AWAY, I say!" — Butler (The Wind Waker)
- "I am sorry to have bothered you with such a trifling thing! Most terribly sorry! Ah! All of a sudden, I have become painfully aware of my existence as a door. Wah! Waaaaaah!" — Butler (The Wind Waker)
- "Why that's the... Are you... Are you the new master?! ...Are you Master Link? Ah... I am so pleased to hear that name!" — Butler (The Wind Waker)
- "Bzzzt! Of course! Bzzzt! Sorry to bother you with such trifling things, Master! Awfully sorry!" — Butler (The Wind Waker)
- "My goodness gracious... Master has some difficulty circulating blood to his brain, does he not? Most unfortunate. I shall explain again, Master." — Butler (The Wind Waker)
- "Ah, Master! Do you have an interest in the amusements of nobility? [...] Well, in that case, would you care to hear an explanation of the game?" — Butler (The Wind Waker)
- "Please tilt [+] up, down, left, or right to move the panels and try to arrange the picture. I will place the final panel in the top-right space to complete the painting. Oh, and Master! Please bear in mind that this game is for amusement only. If you are successful, all I can offer as a reward is money! Do remember that!" — Butler (The Wind Waker)
- "Well done, Master... Well done, indeed! You are among the most talented gamesmiths of the noble classes! I offer you this as an expression of my respect and admiration of your skills. Please accept it!" — Butler (The Wind Waker)
- "I must apologize. It will take me just a moment to prepare the next picture. Please, if you could briefly wait outside..." — Butler (The Wind Waker)