The Nintendo Gallery is a location in The Wind Waker.
Features and Overview
The Nintendo Gallery is located on a tall, cylindrical island near the Forest Haven. It can be opened by hitting a Switch in the main island with a Seagull. The Gallery is run by Carlov, who will carve a Figurine of every enemy and character in the game. After the entance to the Nintendo Gallery is opened, Manny, who is seen outside of the Gallery before it is opened, will appear next to the main desk, and sometimes inside the rooms looking at the Figurines. To request a Figurine, Link must show him a color Pictograph of the subject. Carlov will only accept Pictographs which display a significant amount of the subject's body and which show the subject facing the Picto Box. After Carlov approves the Pictograph, he will complete the requested Figurine in a day. Link can use the "Song of Passing" to advance time and speed up this process. Certain characters, such as the Fairy Queen, cannot be pictographed, so Link can purchase Legendary Pictographs of them from Lenzo on Windfall Island.
Some characters and bosses appear one time only, making it possible to leave the Nintendo Gallery incomplete. However, it can be completed during a Second Quest, where the Deluxe Picto Box is available from the beginning and all the Figurines from the previous playthrough are still in it. It is possible to complete the Nintendo Gallery on the first playthrough, as Carlov will accept the Pictograph of the Gohma rematch in Ganon's Tower. This is the only Pictograph missed before the Deluxe Picto Box can be obtained.
In The Wind Waker HD, the Picto Box can hold 12 Pictographs instead of three, plus a golden Carlov icon will appear on a Pictograph that can be used to make a Figurine. Also, Carlov can now make up to 12 Figurines per day, as opposed to only one. As the Deluxe Picto Box is obtained much earlier, it is also possible to take Pictographs of characters and enemies sooner than previously; such as Gohma's, thus eliminating the need to take its Pictograph at Ganon's Tower. Additionally, Pictographs found in a Tingle Bottle can be saved into the Picto Box, making it possible to obtain Figurines of subjects that were previously missed. The Knuckle Figurine is also needed to complete the Gallery, unlike the original game.
- It is impossible to get a figurine of a Beamos. If Link brings in a successful Pictograph of one, the resulting figurine will be an Armos.
- It is possible to get Pictographs of Ganondorf and Princess Zelda during the final battle and have them made into Figurines without the need of a Legendary Pictograph.
- Carlov states that he only accepts Pictographs that are in full color. However, he will accept a Pictograph of all the bosses if taken during the rematches against them in Ganon's Tower, even though the boss battles are reduced entirely to monochrome in these instances. This is the only way to obtain Gohma's Figurine during the First Quest in The Wind Waker.
- Several The Legend of Zelda series Easter eggs can be found on and behind Carlov's desk. These include the Bunny Hood, All-Night Mask, Goron Mask, Keaton Mask, one of Tijo's drums, several Bottles of Lon Lon Milk, and a Cucco. Some unobtainable Figurines can also be seen, such as Tetra's Ship, a Submarine, the Salvage Corp's boat, a scale model of the windmill and lighthouse on Windfall Island, and both forms of the Nayru statue on Southern Triangle Island,
|Names in Other Regions|
|FrenchEU||Galerie Tendo||Tendo Gallery|
|Italian||Galleria Minitendo||Minitendo Gallery|
|SpanishEU||Club Minitendo||Minitendo Club|
- "Supposedly, it used to bother him that this collection was considered complete, even without his figurine." — Figurine Description (The Wind Waker HD)