Artwork of Nayru's Love
Nayru's Love is a recurring Spell in The Legend of Zelda series.
Location and Uses
In Ocarina of Time, Nayru's Love received from the Great Fairy of Magic in the Desert Colossus. When used, the Spell surrounds Link's body with a diamond-shaped barrier, which lasts for exactly one minute. Nayru's Love prevents all damage, but does not stop recoil from enemy attacks. It can be activated instantly on command, but only deactivates when it wears off. The effect of Nayru's Love wearing off is signaled by the barrier flickering while the noise that accompanies it falters. It drains 12 Magic Power when used. While activated, Link cannot use any other items that drain Magic Power.
Cadence of Hyrule
Nayru's Love appears as a special defensive ability unique to Zelda. If Cadence wakes her up first, it can be found within Hyrule Castle on the floor outside of Zelda's room being guarded by a Green Guard, or if Link is woken up first, it appears automatically in Zelda's inventory when he obtains the Small Shield. Once acquired, Zelda can use it to reflect or block attacks and projectiles back at her enemies at the cost of Stamina.
- Though Nayru's Love doesn't appear in The Wind Waker, its name is inscribed on the base of Nayru's statue in Hylian on Southern Triangle Island.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||ネールの愛 (Nēru no Ai)||Same as English.|
|FrenchEU||Amour de Nayru||Same as English.|
|German||Nayrus Umarmung||Nayru's Embrace|
|Italian||Amore di Nayru||Same as English.|
|SpanishEU||Amor de Nayru||Same as English.|
- "Welcome Link! I am the Great Fairy of Magic! I will give you a magic spell. Please take it." — Great Fairy of Magic (Ocarina of Time)
- "Nayru's Love is in effect for only a limited time, so use it carefully." — Great Fairy of Magic (Ocarina of Time)
- "She can use Nayru's Love to reflect projectile attacks or as an offensive weapon." — Trophy (Super Smash Bros. Melee)
- "Nullifies knock-back on the first hit taken from enemies." — N/A (Hyrule Warriors)
- "Nayru's Love
Use with to reflect or block projectiles and damage depending on your timing, at the cost of stamina." — Inventory (Cadence of Hyrule)