Nanna is an elderly member of the Sheikah Tribe who can often be found at the Campfire at the entrance of Kakariko Village. When Link first comes to the Village, Nanna is laying on the ground with an injury. She manages to stand on her own and is embarrassed that a visitor found her in such a condition. Nanna then notices the Sheikah Slate on Link's belt and hesitantly asks where he found it. Once Link explains, she takes his words to mean that he is a hero of legend. She admits that not many people remember those legends, but assures Link that her people have been waiting for him. Nanna then directs Link to Impa, the Tribe's leader. If Link asks where to find her, Nanna will give him directions. Before he goes, Nanna expresses how honored she is to meet him, though she believes he is used to such praise.
Once Link has spoken to Impa, Nanna hears that the Sheikah Slate is not using its full potential and claims that her mentor should be able to help. Asking about her mentor will allow Nanna to explain that they reside in Hateno Village and used to work on the Slate. She also hesitantly warns Link that her teacher is rather strange. Once she is finished, Nanna wishes Link a safe journey.
At night, Nanna can be found in bed with her granddaughter Lasli watching over her. If awakened, the woman will be embarrassed of her condition and apologize, mentioning how her mentor warned her. Despite her weakness, she offers what aid she can give and will repeat her information on Purah. When woken after the Sheikah Slate upgrade is complete, she comments how Link looks exhausted, and encourages him to sleep at the local inn
Many years prior to Link's awakening, Nanna trained under Purah as a Sheikah Tech researcher. She decided to return to Kakariko Village, and was succeeded by two other Sheikah sent by Impa from Kakariko Village. Firstly was the aspiring Jerrin, who left Kakariko for Hateno Village to train under Purah, before moving to Akkala to assist, and eventually marry, Robbie. Secondly was Symin, who stayed at Hateno with Purah, much to her disappointment, as she much preferred Jerrin to him, seeing him as useless. During this time, Nanna had a child, who themselves had two children, Claree and Lasli.
Nanna's name comes from Banana.
|Names in Other Regions|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please contact a staff member with a reference.
- "Nanna" — N/A (Breath of the Wild)
- "Traveler! I'm sorry, but I seem to have twisted my ankle..." — Nanna (Breath of the Wild)
- "Hmm, let's see here... I'm sorry you had to see me like that." — Nanna (Breath of the Wild)
- "... Say, traveler... Where did you get that...object hanging from your waist?" — Nanna (Breath of the Wild)
- "Yes. I see... That Sheikah Slate is a symbol. It means you are the hero of legend." — Nanna (Breath of the Wild)
- "Though there are few who know of such legends anymore... But we Sheikah have been waiting for you for a very long time." — Nanna (Breath of the Wild)
- "Please...before all else, I must insist that you meet with our leader, Lady Impa." — Nanna (Breath of the Wild)
- "Lady Impa's house is below Lantern Falls--just over there." — Nanna (Breath of the Wild)
- "In any case... It was a real honor to meet you. Heh, I suppose you're used to that, having lived as long as you have." — Nanna (Breath of the Wild)
- "It seems you haven't yet been able to get that Sheikah Slate fully functioning... I'm certain my mentor can help you." — Nanna (Breath of the Wild)
- "My mentor used to work closely with Princess Zelda in her research of that Sheikah Slate. Go to the research facility in Hateno Village, located to the far east of here." — Nanna (Breath of the Wild)
- "However... Um... Just know that this mentor of mine is...a bit odd." — Nanna (Breath of the Wild)
- "My mentor is in Hateno Village. It's to the far east of here. I wish you safe travels." — Nanna (Breath of the Wild)
- "I'm so sorry you've traveled this far just to see me...in this state... If only I had heeded my mentor's warning..." — Nanna (Breath of the Wild)
- "I may look frightful, but is there something I can do for you?" — Nanna (Breath of the Wild)
- "I'm sorry to have greeted you this way. My goodness... You look exhausted. There's an Inn in this village. Please get some rest there." — Nanna (Breath of the Wild)