Nack is a farmer who lives in Hateno Village. He can be found tending to his garden near the entrance of the Village. When spoken to, he offers to give Link directions around town. If Link asks for directions to a "strange place," Nack will tell him about the Kochi Dye Shop operated by Sayge. If Link asks for directions to a "very strange place," Nack will direct Link to the Hateno Ancient Tech Lab. If Link asks for a place to rest, Nack will mention the Ton Pu Inn and add that Bolson Construction also offers housing. This directs Link to the Side Quest "Hylian Homeowner", a quest in which Link can purchase a House for himself.
- "Nack" — N/A (Breath of the Wild)
- "Oh, hey, traveler... What's going on? Are you lost? Where are you looking to go?" — Nack (Breath of the Wild)
- "[A strange place.] A strange place, huh... That could mean a lot of... Oh, wait! Are you talking about our resident Mr. Toothy? I mean, his shop's not called that. I think only I call him that. He runs the dye shop near the bridge. He is WEIRD. Yeah, his real name is Sayge, and he's definitely a master of dyeing clothes, but he's also a master of weirding me out." — Nack (Breath of the Wild)
- "[A very strange place.] Oh, a very strange place, huh? Only one place you could mean. The easternmost structure in this village, at the top of the hill... Yup, you mean the Hateno Ancient Tech Lab, right? Its director does "research" there every day, supposedly to help keep us all safe, but who knows what THAT means! That director doesn't like kids all that much, so I hear the village tykes get curious and snoop around a lot..." — Nack (Breath of the Wild)
- "[A place to rest.] If you want somewhere to rest, the inn is the usual choice for travelers... But maybe you mean...the model houses behind the general store? Bolson Construction—yeah, they put those up. Nice beds, OK furniture... They've got that brand-new house smell. Wouldn't mind sleeping in that smell just once." — Nack (Breath of the Wild)