Nabooru (pronounced /nəˈbɔər.uː/ nə-BOAR-oo) is a character in Ocarina of Time. She is the second-in-command of the Gerudo, Ganondorf being her only superior. She has a second-in-command herself. Nabooru is highly respected by the other Gerudo, who are unaware of her rebellion against Ganondorf. During the events of Ocarina of Time, she becomes the new Sage of Spirit and aids Link in his battle against Ganon.
Link meets Nabooru in the Spirit Temple as a child, having used the "Requiem of Spirit", which he learned in the future, to reach the Desert Colossus. At this time, Nabooru is already in opposition to Ganondorf's behavior. She intends to infiltrate Ganon's followers' headquarters there, but is unable to without the Silver Gauntlets, which are out of reach beyond a very small opening. She asks Link to get the gauntlets for her, promising to "do something great" for him in return. Once Link acquires the Silver Gauntlets, Koume and Kotake discover and capture Nabooru.
When Link returns to the temple as an adult, Nabooru has been brainwashed. While brainwashed, Nabooru was used to lead activities contrary to the values she previously held. During this intervening period, Nabooru is apparently rumored to brainwash people herself.
Toward the end of the Spirit Temple, Link confronts Twinrova, apparently fussing over a strange Iron Knuckle. They command it to attack him and vanish. Upon its defeat, the Iron Knuckle's armor falls off to reveal Nabooru with the spell lifted. Twinrova reappear and capture her a second time before retreating to the boss room ahead. After their defeat, Nabooru is freed and she awakens as the Sage of Spirit, giving Link the Spirit Medallion. 
When Link defeats Ganon, Nabooru and the other Sages combine their powers to seal Ganon away. During the ending, she can be seen overlooking a celebrating Hyrule on Death Mountain with the other Sages.
Ocarina of Time (Himekawa)
- Ocarina of Time contains unused text from Nabooru, wherein she remarks that Link is an enemy of Ganondorf and must die. This dialogue was probably to be used when fighting her as an Iron Knuckle.
- In The Wind Waker, one of the stained glass windows in Hyrule Castle's basement depicts Nabooru along with the other Sages from Ocarina of Time.
- Nabooru's in-game clothing is colored white, despite being shown as pink in concept art.
Nabooru is most likely a variation of the Japanese name Noboru, meaning "rise" or "ascend". Nabooru's name, like several other characters from Ocarina of Time, is taken from a town in The Adventure of Link.
|Names in Other Regions|
|EnglishUK||Sage of Spirit, Nabooru|
|Japanese||魂の賢者、ナボール (Tamashī no Kenja, Nabōru)||Sage of Spirit, Nabooru|
|FrenchCA||Nabooru, Sage de l'esprit (OoT3D)||Nabooru, Sage of Spirit|
|FrenchEU||Sage de l'Esprit, Nabooru||Sage of Spirit, Nabooru|
|German||Weise der Geister, Naboru||Sage of Spirits, Naboru|
|Italian||Naburu, saggio dello spirito|
|SpanishLA||Nabooru, Sabia del espíritu (OoT3D)|
- "I've seen your fine work. To get past the guards here, you must have good thieving skills. I used to think that all men, except for the great Ganondorf, were useless...but now that I've seen you, I don't think so anymore! The exalted Nabooru, our leader, put me in charge of this fortress. Nabooru is the second-in-command to the great Ganondorf, King of the Gerudo Thieves. Her headquarters are in the Spirit Temple, which is at the end of the desert. Say, you must want to become one of us, eh? All right then! You're in from now on! Take this. With it, you will have free access to all areas of the fortress!" — Gerudo Warrior (Ocarina of Time 3D)
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 239(OoT)
- "Nabooru... Legend of the Gerudo, celebrated over ages. And you, who were named to honor her—you are a legend as well." — Urbosa (Breath of the Wild)
Urbosa pronounces the "r" as an alveolar flap [ɾ].
- "She's just a little girl, but she commands a lot of respect among the Gerudo, Kotake..." — Koume (Ocarina of Time)
- "First of all, let me introduce myself. I'm Nabooru of the Gerudo. I'm a lone wolf thief. But don't get me wrong! Though we're both thieves, I'm completely different from Ganondorf. With his followers, he stole from women and children, and he even killed people! A kid like you may not know this, but the Gerudo race consists only of women. Only one man is born every hundred years... Even though our laws say that lone male Gerudo must become King of the Gerudo, I'll never bow to such an evil man!" — Nabooru (Ocarina of Time)
- "I want to ask you a favor... Will you go through this tiny hole and get a treasure that's inside? The treasure is the Silver Gauntlets. If you equip them, you can easily push and pull very heavy things! No, no, no, kid! Don't even think about taking this treasure for yourself! The Silver Gauntlets won't fit a little kid like you if you try to equip them! I want you to be a good boy and give them to me! Ganondorf and his minions are using the Spirit Temple as a hideout. Only the Silver Gauntlets will allow me to sneak deep into the temple. Once there, I'm going to steal all the treasure inside and mess up their plans! How about it? Will you do it?" — Nabooru (Ocarina of Time)
- "If you can successfully get the Silver Gauntlets... I'll do something great for you!" — Nabooru (Ocarina of Time)
- "Yeearggh! Let me go!! You, you fiends! Ganondorf's minions! Link! Get out of here! Now! These witches! They're using black magic on me!" — Nabooru (Ocarina of Time)
- "Then we should brainwash her again! Hee hee hee!" — Koume (Ocarina of Time)
- "When Nabooru was a lone wolf thief, she never stole from the weak, but... Now, Nabooru's gang of thieves stands for cruelty and brutality. She claims to be a chivalrous robber, but...no way!" — Carpenter (Ocarina of Time)
- "The leader of the gang of thieves is Nabooru. She is experimenting in brainwashing many people at the ruins in the desert." — Carpenter (Ocarina of Time)
- "Iron Knuckle - Something's strange... This is not an ordinary enemy!" — Navi (Ocarina of Time)
- "Well, well... Looks like she's back to normal... Koume..." — Kotake (Ocarina of Time)
- "Maybe we should make her work for the great Ganondorf for a little while longer! Ho ho ho!" — Kotake (Ocarina of Time)
- "I was brainwashed by those old witches and used by Ganondorf to do his evil will... But isn't it funny? That a person like me could turn out to be the Sage of Spirit! And now, I'm going to fight them as one of the six Sages! Heh heh... I'm going to pay them back for what they did to me!" — Nabooru (Ocarina of Time)
- "Kid... No... Link, the Hero of Time! Instead of keeping the promise I made back then, I give you this Medallion! Take it!" — Nabooru (Ocarina of Time)
- "You received the Spirit Medallion!! Nabooru awakens as a Sage and adds her power to yours!" — N/A (Ocarina of Time)
- "...I stole it from this temple a while ago" (Ocarina of Time Part 2 (VIZ Media) pg. 60)
- "... I'm gonna teach that Ganondorf that there are some things even a master thief should never steal!" (Ocarina of Time Part 2 Manga (VIZ Media) pg. 69)
- "The seal is released... Awaken as the sage of spirit!" (Ocarina of Time Part 2 manga (VIZ Media) pg. 71)
- "Great Ganondorf's...Enemy...Must die..." — Nabooru (Ocarina of Time)
- Given Name NOBORU, behindthename.com.