200 Rupees for 30 (TMC)
|Use(s)||Obtaining the Level 2 Sword (LA)|
Trading for Figurines (TMC)
|Comparable Item(s)||Korok Seed|
Location and Uses
Secret Seashells are hidden collectibles scattered across Koholint Island. There is a total of 26 Secret Seashells for Link to find. They can be found underneath Bushes, Rocks, underwater, or inside Treasure Chests. Though typically obtained one at a time, Link may receive two at the Seashell Mansion as long as he is already carrying exactly five or ten seashells.
Once the Level 2 Sword is obtained, any remaining Secret Seashell will either disappear or be replaced with 20 Rupees.
Four Swords Adventures
The Minish Cap
Mysterious Shells are used to buy Figurines from the Figurine Gallery, which is found in Hyrule Town. They are found all over Hyrule inside Treasure Chests, bushes, and Rocks. Later into the game, Stockwell will begin selling Mysterious Shells at 30 Shells for 200 Rupees. Link can hold up to 999 Mysterious Shells at a time. Using Green Picolyte will increase Link's chance of finding Mysterious Shells.
After Link has collected all 136 Figurines, the Mysterious Shells slot in his status screen will change into the Carlov Medal, signifying he completed the collection.
|Names in Other Regions|
|German||Zaubermuschel (LA)||Magic Seashell|
|Italian||Conchiglie misteriose (LADX)
Conchiglia dei Segreti (TMC)
Shell of Secrets
|SpanishLA||Caracola secreta (LADX)
Caracola misteriosa (TMC)
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 137 (LA | FSA | TMC)
- "I am the spirit of the mansion. I have been waiting for someone to overcome the darkness. Find all the secret shells and go through the gate to receive the ultimate sword!" — Spirit of the Mansion (Link's Awakening DX)
- "You found a secret seashell! ...But what do you do with it?" — N/A (Link's Awakening (Nintendo Switch))
- Link's Awakening manual, pg. 19
- "SECRET SHELLS
These shells are scattered throughout the island. If you find enough of them, something good is sure to happen." (Link's Awakening DX manual, pg. 25)
- "To get extras, go to the Mansion when you have either five or ten Shells. Get freebies when you have exactly five or ten." (The Legend of Zelda - Link's Awakening Player's Guidepublisher=Nintendo of America Inc.
Tokuma Shoten Publishing Co., Ltd. (), pg. 87)
- "WOOF! Dig! RUFF!" — BowWow (Link's Awakening DX)
- "If you return to Mabe Village with BowWow, Madame MeowMeow will thank you and ask you to take him for a walk. He has a sharp nose and can sniff out Secret Shells-if you have the Shovel." (The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening – Nintendo Player's Guide (Nintendo of America, Inc.
Tokuma Shoten Publishing Co., Ltd.), pg. 33)
- "The game tells you only that something special will happen when you collect enough Secret Shells. If you take 20 of them to the Seashell Mansion, you'll earn the Level 2 Sword." (The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening – Nintendo Player's Guide (Nintendo of America, Inc.
Tokuma Shoten Publishing Co., Ltd.), pg. 87)