Muzu is one of the Zora elders on the Zora council and the former teacher of Princess Mipha. Muzu cared greatly for Mipha. He harbors a strong disdain for Hylians, feeling that they were responsible for the events of the Great Calamity and Mipha's death. When Link arrives at Zora's Domain and meets with King Dorephan, Muzu protests the King’s request for Link’s assistance in appeasing the Divine Beast Vah Ruta. Muzu is especially upset and storms off when King Dorephan gives Link the Zora Armor that Mipha crafted for her future husband.
Sidon explains to Muzu that Mipha loved Link, but Muzu vehemently resists the notion. He reluctantly promises that he will help Link only if he is presented with proof of Mipha’s feelings for him. After seeing Link wearing the Zora Armor, which fits the Hylian perfectly, Muzu realizes that Mipha did indeed make the Armor for Link.
When Link returns to King Dorephan’s throne room after appeasing Ruta, Muzu apologizes for his behavior and acknowledges Link's noble intentions. He concedes that he and the older generation of Zora may have misunderstood Hylians and asks for Link's forgiveness.
- "Councilman Muzu
Muzu has served as a member of the council for over a century and was in charge of educating Mipha. He came to resent Hylians after losing Mipha in the Great Calamity." (Breath of the Wild – Creating a Champion (Dark Horse Books), pg. 113)
- "Muzu" — N/A (Breath of the Wild)
- "You must understand... He was in charge of educating my dear daughter, Mipha." — King Dorephan (Breath of the Wild)
- "Naturally, she means a lot to him...just as she means the world to us." — King Dorephan (Breath of the Wild)
- "Have you forgotten already, my king?! We cannot trust these lowly Hylians! A hundred years ago, they abused the power of an ancient civilization and turned Hyrule into what it is today!" — Muzu (Breath of the Wild)
- "It is their fault that Lady Mipha was lost to us..." — Muzu (Breath of the Wild)
- "King Dorephan! My liege! Please do not speak so! To ask a Hylian for help... Why, the very thought of it curls my fins!" — Muzu (Breath of the Wild)
- "Countless generations of Zora princesses have gifted that armor to the one they have sworn to marry! Princess Mipha made that one there with her own hands! It is far too important to entrust to a shady Hylian!" — Muzu (Breath of the Wild)
- "My daughter, Mipha, put her heart and soul into making that Zora armor." — King Dorephan (Breath of the Wild)
- "He who stands here...the man called Link...is the one whom my sister, Mipha, had feelings for." — Sidon (Breath of the Wild)
- "How could Lady Mipha possibly have feelings for a Hylian like him?!" — Muzu (Breath of the Wild)
- "In any case, without any solid proof, I cannot possibly take you at your word! If you have any such proof, now is the time to show it. Do so, and...and I...I shall tell you how to get those shock arrows! Yes, as well as anything else you wish to know." — Muzu (Breath of the Wild)
- "Hmph. I never would have imagined she would make that special armor for one such as he..." — Muzu (Breath of the Wild)
- "Link... I must sincerely apologize for my harsh treatment of you. That whole time, you were thinking of Hyrule's and Lady Mipha's well-being, just like the rest of us. All of the members of our council humbly fold our fins back in gratitude, along with the rest of our people." — Muzu (Breath of the Wild)
- "Perhaps the older generation of Zora, myself included, misunderstood Hylians after all. It would seem so. That said, I would be overjoyed if you could find it in your heart to forgive me. If not now, then perhaps one day." — Muzu (Breath of the Wild)