Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Location and Uses
A Link to the Past
- Main article: Sleepy Toadstool
Ocarina of Time
In Ocarina of Time, the Odd Mushroom is part of the Trading Sequence. The Young Punk Guy gives the mushroom to Link in exchange for Cojiro. The mushroom is then to be delivered to the Old Hag in Kakariko Village to be made into the Odd Potion. The Odd Mushroom goes bad after three minutes (or instantly after warping).
In Majora's Mask, a Magic Mushroom's scent can be detected with the Mask of Scents and stored in an empty Bottle. They can be found behind a Deku Baba in the Southern Swamp; in the Woods of Mystery; and inside the Stock Pot Inn, on Gorman's bed (cannot be collected while Gorman is sleeping there) and in the restroom (cannot be collected while ??? is there). They reappear when Link leaves the area.
The Magic Mushrooms can be sold to the Magic Hags' Potion Shop for 40 Rupees each; at least one must be delivered during that cycle before Blue Potions can be purchased there. They can also be sold to the Curiosity Shop for 5 Rupees each.
Oracle of Seasons
In Oracle of Seasons, a Mushroom appears as a Trading Sequence item. Using the Megaphone, Link can wake up Talon in a cave atop Mt. Cucco. In exchange for waking him, Talon offers Link a Mushroom, which can in turn be given to Syrup in Sunken City in exchange for the Wooden Bird.
The Minish Cap
In The Minish Cap, the Wake-Up Mushroom is required for Link to obtain the Pegasus Boots. It is bought from Syrup the Witch at the price of 60 Rupees. It is then given to Rem, the owner of Rem's Shoe Store, waking him up. In return, Link will receive the Pegasus Boots.
In Skyward Sword, mushrooms can be found in the Faron Woods, Deep Woods, Skyview Temple, and on certain islands in The Sky. Link can slash them with his Sword to produce Mushroom Spores, which can be stored in Bottles and used to heal Loftwings. Glittering mushrooms can also be found, which produce Glittering Spores than can also be stored in Bottles. They produce different kind of effects when used on items and enemies.
- In Link's Awakening, the Mushroom is one of many Mario references. When Tarin (who bears resemblance to Mario, and also shares his love of mushrooms) eats one, he turns into a raccoon, which may be a reference to Mario's Raccoon or Tanooki transformations.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||あやしいキノコ (Ayashii Kinoko) ||Bewitching Mushroom|
|FrenchCA||Champignon magique (MM3D)|
|Spanish||Seta Mágica||Magic Mushroom|
|SpanishLA||Seta durimente (LA)
Champiñón mágico (MM3D)
- Art & Artifacts (Dark Horse Books), pg. 393 (ALttP)
- "Sniff, sniff!!! That scent!!! Ya've got a Mushroom! I'll trade my Wooden Bird!" — Syrup (Oracle of Seasons)
- "→ Rock Mushrooms (Petri Fungus) Pick in fall only." — Sign (Oracle of Seasons)
- "Ah, yes! A fine choice, my dear! That's a limited-time article! One whiff, and you're wide-awake! That is why it's called a wake-up mushroom! Would you like to buy it for 60 Rupees?" — Syrup (The Minish Cap)
- "You got a wake-up mushroom! Its nasty stench chases away the sleepies!" — N/A (The Minish Cap)
- "Heheheh... Just face the sleepy snoozer and press [R]... That'll pop his eyes right open! POP!" — Syrup (The Minish Cap)