|Era||Era of the Great Sea|
|The Joyful Teacher, Mrs. Marie (Figurine from The Wind Waker)|
The Joyful Teacher, Mrs. Marie
|Birthplace: Windfall Island|
This Year's Lucky Number: 20
This year marks the twentieth year this splendid individual has worked as Windfall's school teacher. Her hobby is collecting Joy Pendants.
Her goal in life is to raise unique and creative students. The most unique thing she's ever created is her own hairstyle.
Mrs. Marie has been the School of Joy teacher in Windfall Island for twenty years, and her hobby is collecting jewelry, specifically, Joy Pendants. She is constantly trying to get the troublesome lot of Ivan, Jin, Jan, and Jun-Roberto, also known as the Killer Bees, to be unique, respectful, and creative students; however, she has a hard time doing this since they usually skip school. Mrs. Marie is also a member of the Joyous Volunteer Association.
When Link gives her 20 Joy Pendants, she delightfully hands over the Cabana Deed, which gives Link full ownership of a lodge she owned on the Private Oasis in the south. If she receives 20 or more extra Joy Pendants (for a total of 40 or more), she will express her joy by rewarding Link with the Hero's Charm. In The Wind Waker HD, she gives Link Treasure Chart #45 instead; the Hero's Charm is found at the bottom of Savage Labyrinth. Any additional Joy Pendants given to Mrs. Marie will be rewarded with various amounts of Rupees,[how many?] up to a maximum of 99 Joy Pendants in total.
After Link plays Hide and Seek with the Killer Bees, they ask that Link go and apologize to their teacher for them, promising to change their attitudes and stop causing trouble. The Killer Bees will then tell Link to find Joy Pendants for Mrs. Marie since her birthday is coming up soon. Showing a pendant to Mrs. Marie will immediately delight her, and even though Link presented it to her, she'll know that it was the Killer Bee's idea.
- If Link attempts to give her more than 99 Joy Pendants in total, she will admit that she can only count to 99, citing the excuse that she is not a math teacher.
- Mrs. Marie's favorite number is 20.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||幸せおばさんミセス・マリー (Shiawase-obasan Misesu Marī)||Joyous Aunt Mrs. Mary|
|German||Grandmadame des Glücks
|Grand-Madame of Fortune|
|Italian||Miss Mary della Felicità||Miss Mary of Happiness|
|SpanishEU||Señorita María||Mrs. Maria|
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 258 (TWW)
- "Although I may be a school teacher, I have a certain...flair about me, don't you think?" — Mrs. Marie (The Wind Waker)
- "And let me tell you, I love jewelry more than anything else in the world!" — Mrs. Marie (The Wind Waker)
- "You see, lately I have been rather taken with collecting Joy Pendants!" — Ms. Marie (The Wind Waker)
- "But I do have a rather joyless problem... There's this delinquent gang of four young boys who never listen to a word I say." — Mrs. Marie (The Wind Waker)
- "Even though I wait patiently for those boys to show up, they never come." — Mrs. Marie (The Wind Waker)
- "My dear! Did you bring me Joy Pendants yet again? How many Joy Pendants do you have right now? 20...? Why, to think a child like you would pay such a large tribute to me... Oh, your teacher is very impressed by your efforts, little dear! My whole body is numb with the thrill of excitement! ...So this is what pure joy feels like! I'll take precisely 20 of them, thank you. That will do just fine! My heart will be all aflutter! I don't know if you know, but 20 is my lucky number! And just as I promised, I will reward you for giong out and collecting all these for me. I'm going to give you... A wonderfully splendid thing! Close your eyes, dear..." — Mrs. Marie (The Wind Waker)
- "I own my very own cabana in a tropical oasis down south. But lately I haven't made use of it at all, so you can have it!" — Mrs. Marie (The Wind Waker)
- "I have no choice but to unleash pure joy on you! Prepare for an onrush of joy the likes of which you've never imagined!" — Mrs. Marie (The Wind Waker)
- "You got the Hero's Charm! This mystical trinket gives you the ability to see the life forces of your foes!" — N/A (The Wind Waker)
- "Listen up! It's gonna be Mrs. Marie's birthday soon. We were thinkin' of givin' her a present, so it was good that we finally got our hands on that thing..." — The Killer Bees (The Wind Waker)