Mr. Guard can usually be found in front of the castle entrance gate. His duty is to guard the entrance and allow in only those who meet the King's Tri Force Hero criteria. He is first seen refusing entry to the Faux Hero, as he does not meet the right requirements to join the Witch-Hunting Brigade. However he immediately lets Link inside, who does meet the King's requirements.
Mr. Guard sometimes leaves his post to speak with the other townsfolk of Hytopia, particularly the two women. He is informed by both women that a black ghost has been lurking around the area, and is asked by both to join them in finding it and snapping a photo of it. When Ms. Drawers asks him to join her, he insists that he is too busy watching the gate to join her. However she says that she has seen him looking at her all day, implying he may be smitten with her. However, he may simply have been staring at the spinach stuck in her teeth. When Mrs. Pompadour invites him to catch the ghost, he says that he is already on a date with his best girl to find the ghost. The woman seems jealous of this.
After Link lifts the curse off of Princess Styla and the celebration is over, Mr. Guard can still be found in front of the castle entrance. He has been moved to tears by the Totem demonstrated by Link, King Tuft and Sir Combsly. He remains on duty even with the kingdom and princess saved.
- The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes — Official Guide (Prima Games) pg. 38
- "Hey. Mr. Guard... Have you heard about a black ghost wandering around town lately?" — Red-haired Woman (Tri Force Heroes)
- "It is my sacred duty of insurmountable importance to guard the castle gate! I'm under orders to only allow through those who meet the surprisingly specific Tri Force Hero criteria!" — Mr. Guard (Tri Force Heroes)
- "I really saw it! The black ghost! I really did! It was tall and dark, and it ran off when I tried to get closer. You've GOT to believe me!" — Ms. Drawers (Tri Force Heroes)
- "I've seen you staring at me all the long day, you rascal! Could it be... Have I ensnared your senses... ?!" — Ms. Drawers (Tri Force Heroes)
- "To be honest, I'm more concerned about that bit of food stuck in her teeth than this alleged ghost..." — Mr. Guard (Tri Force Heroes)
- "I...wasn't able to tell her. About the spinach in her teeth. Did I fail her as a friend...?" — Mrs. Pompadour (Tri Force Heroes)
- "Truth be told, I've got a date with my best girl to go ghost hunting later. If we spot a ghost, we're going to press Home at the same time to get some photographic evidence!" — Mr. Guard (Tri Force Heroes)
- "Fine..." — Mrs. Pompadour (Tri Force Heroes)
- "That totem was... PHENOMENAL!! I'm moved to *sniffle* tears! *sniff* Metaphorically, of course. *sob* I'm still on duty, noble hero. I mustn't let my emotions get the *SNIFFLE* best of me!" — Mr. Guard (Tri Force Heroes)