Location and Uses
Rustling Grass appears in groups of nine and will animate and jump around several times when Link cuts a tuft of it. After a few jumps, Rustling Grass will destroy itself, sending stray blades of Grass flying about. If Link is wearing the Keaton Mask while disturbing the Grass, a Keaton will appear and quiz the young hero.
Rustling Grass always drop one Green Rupee when slashed, but they will not drop anything if they destroy themselves. If Link can destroy all the tufts of Rustling Grass before they disappear, they will drop a single Red Rupee.
- Patches of Rustling Grass are referred to as Weed Circles in the The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask — Official Perfect Guide by Versus Books. However, as this contradicts the name given in-game, it is not considered Canon.
- "Have you seen any rustling grass around Termina? I hear that's where Keatons like to hide. I wonder what you have to do to lure one out..." — Bomber (Majora's Mask 3D)
- The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask — Official Perfect Guide by Versus Books , pg. 56
- "It seems Keatons, the ghost foxes, play tricks in the grass..." — Gossip Stone (Majora's Mask 3D)
- "Answer me this... Pick one of the three choices..." — Keaton (Majora's Mask)
- "I've seen a real Keaton near the slide!" — Bomber (Majora's Mask)