Please take a moment to fill out this survey on your gaming habits!
Link using the Mortal Draw on a Lizalfos.
Instantly killing Enemies
The Mortal Draw is the fifth Hidden Skill that Link can learn. Link can learn this Hidden Skill by first finding a Howling Stone to awaken the White Wolf. The Howling Stone needed to learn the Mortal Draw can be found in southern Lake Hylia, high up on a ledge. Because Link must climb a ladder to reach this Howling Stone, he must be able to transform into Wolf Link and back at will, so this Hidden Skill is impossible to get before obtaining the Master Sword. After howling with the White Wolf, the White Wolf instructs Link to find him while in human form. The White Wolf also marks the location of where he can be found on Link's Map. Once Link returns to human form, he can find the White Wolf waiting along the path to the Desert Caravan, south of the Arbiter's Grounds. Approaching the White Wolf will return Link to the clouded area where the Hero's Spirit can teach Link the Mortal Draw.
To perform the Mortal Draw, Link must stand still with his Sword sheathed without Z-Targeting his opponent. Once Link's foe gets close enough, Link's hand will move to his hilt and the Action Button will change to "Draw", which causes Link to quickly draw his Sword and perform a devastating blow to the nearest enemy. This will instantly kill the enemy, no matter the hits taken beforehand. The Mortal Draw does not work on Bosses and Middle Bosses.
|Names in Other Regions|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- "But before we begin, I must test you to ensure that you have mastered the last skill I taught you, the helm splitter." — Hero's Spirit (Twilight Princess HD)
- "The ways of the sword are known to many creatures, and some have strengthened their guards against shield attacks and back slices. Should you encounter such a foe, the mortal draw that I am about to teach you is most effective. You must sheathe your sword and cast aside the most basic of sword skills, the -target. You must wait until your foe is upon you... Then, before the enemy can see through your ruse, you must quickly draw your blade with . There is no defense for this. The mortal draw deals death." — Hero's Spirit (Twilight Princess HD)
- "Very well. My fifth hidden skill is... The mortal draw! Let it be hewn into your mind!" — Hero's Spirit (Twilight Princess HD)
- "Search for the statues that howl with the sound of the wind. Seek the sound that calls the spirit of the beast to awaken me again." — Hero's Spirit (Twilight Princess HD)
- "Let teachings of old pass to you... Take sword in hand and find me..." — White Wolf (Twilight Princess HD)
- "You must sheathe your sword and cast aside the most basic of sword skills, the -target. You must wait until your foe is upon you… Then, before the enemy can see through your ruse, you must quickly draw your blade with ." — Hero's Spirit (Twilight Princess HD)