- Not to be confused with Morpha.
When Link enters Morpheel's chamber, he only finds a single tentacle at the bottom. Once he sinks to the sand, seven other tentacles emerge from the bottom of the chamber, along with a large mouth. To defeat Morpheel's first form, Link must equip the Iron Boots and avoid the Bombfish it releases. He must grab its eye with the Clawshot and then attack it immediately. After two times, the creature's tentacles retract and its eye gets swallowed, ending up on its back. Afterwards, Morpheel's full body is revealed as it swims around the chamber. If Morpheel swims in front of Link, it will suck him in and damage him, spitting him out afterwards. Link must proceed to swim above it in order to use the Clawshot to latch onto its eye. After slashing it several times, Link is thrown off. He must continue to hook onto Morpheel until it is defeated, causing it to crash into the wall, draining all the water in the room.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||覚醒多触類オクタイール (Kakusei Tashoku Rui Okutaīru)||Awoken Many-Tentacled Creature: Octaeel|
|FrenchEU||Octolacanthe, poisson fossile du Crépuscule||Octolacanthe, fish fossil of Twilight|
|German||Urzeitfisch: Oktapesco||Prehistoric Fish: Oktapesco|
|Italian||Octoguilla, l'acquatico del crepuscolo||Octoguilla, the Aquatic of the Twilight|
Octoguilla is a portmanteau of the English term octopus and the Italian term anguilla (eel).
|Korean||각성다촉류 옥타일 (Gakseong Dachokryu Oktail)||Awakened Multiple-Tentacled Species: Octaeel|
|SpanishEU||Octópulo, Branquiosaurio de las Sombras||Octópulo, Brachisaurus of the Shadows|
There are a lot of similarities between Morpheel and Morpha.
- Both are the boss of the Water dungeon in their own games
- In both times did Zora's Domain get frozen and reduce water in Lake Hylia (Although Morpheel didn't cause it in Twilight Princess)
- Both get hurt with an eye
- Both have to be hurt with a hookshot (clawshot)
- Both names start with "Morph"
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 194
- "Looks like that eyeball is pretty important to him... See if you can't -target it and yank it right out of the tentacle!" — Midna (Twilight Princess HD)
- "Don't let its size scare you! Even if it's huge, it should still have a weak spot!" — Midna (Twilight Princess)
- "Did you see its back? It's got an eyeball there, too!" — Midna (Twilight Princess)
- "So, it's eyeball really is the key! Good! Keep aiming for that eye!" — Midna (Twilight Princess)