Features and Overview
Monster Strongholds are encampments scattered throughout the Eldin Volcano in the Eldin Province in Skyward Sword. They are usually inhabited by Red Bokoblins who live in crude tents, though Moblins can also appear. Monster Strongholds typically have towers occupied by Red Bokoblin sentries who watch for intruders and alert the inhabitants when one is spotted. These towers can be toppled with Bombs, dispatching the sentries atop them.
After Eldin Volcano erupts, Red Bokoblins occupy the entire mountain, converting it into one massive Monster Stronghold. Monster Strongholds can be found east of Volcano East, outside the entrance to the Thrill Digger Mini-Game, and east of the Temple Entrance.
Later in the game, all of the Monster Strongholds are abandoned, so Kortz decides to take residence inside one of the huts, while Merco can be found outside, wondering what Red Bokoblins eat.
Breath of the Wild
- Breath of the Wild – Creating a Champion pg. 340
- "Hey! Welcome to my place! Make yourself at home. What? Of course this is my house! OK, OK, those red creeps built it, but... They split, right? So what's the harm? Us Mogmas live in the ground, so we don't have what you would call "houses." I just wanted to see what it felt like to say "Welcome to my place!"" — Kortz (Skyward Sword)
- "Back again, huh? Don't mind me or anything--it's just MY HOUSE! What? What do you mean I didn't have to tunnel all the way up here? Look, I know it's a run-down, dirty hovel, but it's MINE! And I want to know who's dropping by my dirty hovel. Oh, and just 'cause you're all rested doesn't mean you can roll around and bust the place up!" — Kortz (Skyward Sword)
- "Do me a favor, will ya? Try not to go crazy and roll around all over the place. Dust bunnies, ya know?" — Kortz (Skyward Sword)
- "Just curious, but...what do ya think those red guys eat, anyway?" — Merco (Skyward Sword)