Missing in Action
- This page is for the Side Quest in Breath of the Wild. For the story in Issue 1 of The Legend of Zelda comics by Valiant Comics, see Missing in Action
|Missing in Action|
Sesami expressing life lessons to Link
|Location||Gerudo Canyon Stable|
Link can begin the Quest by talking to Sesami at Gerudo Canyon Stable. He tells Link that he was separated from his friends when some monsters jumped them at Koukot Plateau. His friends' names are Oliff, Flaxel, Canolo and Palme. Link will find Sesami's friends at Koukot Plateau on a series of wooden platforms high up on the cliff walls. He will find each one being attacked by monsters and must defeat the monsters to rescue them. After talking to each of them, they will go safely to Gerudo Canyon Stable with Sesami.
After rescuing Canolo, she immediately expresses anger toward Sesami, saying that he ran away as soon as the monsters showed up. After saving Oliff, he tells Link that he thought it unwise to challenge the monsters due to being vastly outnumbered. Oliff is glad to hear that Sesami is safely waiting for him at Gerudo Canyon Stable. After saving Palme, he wonders to Link why Sesami didn't come save him and questions if Sesami lied about mastering martial arts. Upon rescuing Flaxel, she is very angry that Sesami was at the stable instead of saving her.
After rescuing all four of Sesami's friends, they can be found at Gerudo Canyon Stable with Sesami. Sesami will tell Link that he's glad to see his friends are safe and thanks him by rewarding him with 300 Rupees. Before Sesami finishes talking and the Quest is complete, he tells Link that he is glad this happened because it helped him realize the importance of friendship. He reflects on what he learned, expressing to Link that while opening up to others makes a person more vulnerable, it is the only way to give life value. In a comical twist, Sesami bluntly reveals that he will be parting ways with his friends because caring for others is an emotional liability. In reality, Sesami has no idea what lesson to take away.
|1||Sesami and his friends ran afoul of monsters near the roads at Koukot Plateau. Sesami ran for his life, but his friends vanished into thin air.|
Sesami was traveling with four friends. Find them quickly and put him at ease.
|2||You rescued Sesami's friends, who were surrounded by monsters and unable to move.|
Hurry back to the Gerudo Canyon Stable and tell Sesami.
|Complete||You saved all four of Sesami's friends, who had been pinned down by monsters and unable to move. And so, the curtain closes on the case of the Gerudo Canyon disappearances.|
- "We were all walking together when some monsters suddenly jumped us near the Koukot Plateau path." — Sesami (Breath of the Wild)
- "I thought my friends were right behind me, but when I turned around, they were nowhere to be found." — Sesami (Breath of the Wild)
- "They're four travelers named Oliff, Flaxel, Canolo, and Palme..." — Sesami (Breath of the Wild)
- "At least I'm safe now. No thanks to Sesami. As soon as the monsters showed up, he ran away as fast as he could and left us for dead. Who does that? Especially to a girl!" — Canolo (Breath of the Wild)
- "The monsters vastly outnumbered us, so I thought it unwise to challenge them." — Oliff (Breath of the Wild)
- "Sesami is waiting for me? Ah, I'm glad to hear he's safe. I shall hurry off to the Gerudo Canyon Stable where he waits." — Oliff (Breath of the Wild)
- "Sesami...is waiting at the stable? He didn't come to save me? But he said he'd mastered the martial arts. Did he...lie to me about that? Nah...this must be a misunderstanding." — Palme (Breath of the Wild)
- "So Sesami was kicking his feet up in the stable while I was being tortured by those sorry sacks?! Oh, I'm going to go give him a piece of my mind, all right. A piece of my fist too!" — Flaxel (Breath of the Wild)
- "As soon as they all got back safely, a wave of emotion washed over me. Thank you. Thank you so much. I want you to have this." — Sesami (Breath of the Wild)
- "In a way, I'm kind of glad all of this happened. It's helped me realize just how important friendship is." — Sesami (Breath of the Wild)
- "Opening up to others might make you more vulnerable, but it's also the only way to give your life any value." — Sesami (Breath of the Wild)
- "That said, caring for others is an emotional liability, so my friends and I have decided to part ways." — Sesami (Breath of the Wild)
- "Not really sure what the takeaway is here..." — Sesami (Breath of the Wild)