|Family||King Dorephan (father)|
Sidon (younger brother)
|Voice Actor(s)||Amelia Gotham (English)|
Mayu Isshiki (Japanese)
Polina Tarasova (Russian)
Mipha is the Princess of the Zora, a friend of Link, and one of the Champions. She is described as being introverted and has a gift for healing. Mipha was in love with Link and made him Zora Armor before her death during the Great Calamity. Link later receives the armor from Mipha's father, King Dorephan.
Mipha was a skilled spearwoman and owned a weapon known as the Lightscale Trident. A replica of the Lightscale Trident, called the ceremonial trident, is used in the Zora’s Champion Festival. Muzu was Mipha’s teacher and cared for her greatly.
During the Great Calamity, Mipha succumbed to the Scourge of Divine Beast Vah Ruta, Waterblight Ganon, which then possessed the Divine Beast. After Link defeats Waterblight Ganon and frees Ruta, Mipha greets the hero, stating that because of his courage she and Vah Ruta are now free. She thanks Link for this freedom, for they can be together again. Mipha explains that, as a spirit, her ability to heal would be wasted on her. The Zora Champion then gives Link her healing power, known as Mipha's Grace. Mipha tells the hero that the day before, she had almost given up hope of being freed, accepting that she may remain trapped within Vah Ruta for eternity. She then reveals that she had hoping all this time to see Link once more. Mipha tells Link not to hesitate when her power is needed, as knowing this will put her spirit at rest. Mipha urges Link to save Princess Zelda as he is sent away from Vah Ruta. After Vah Ruta unleashes its strike on Calamity Ganon, Mipha wonders how her father is, wishing that she could see him once more.
Mipha’s father, King Dorephan, gives Link Mipha's Lightscale Trident after freeing Vah Ruta as a sign of gratitude from the Zora.
During Link's 10th Recovered Memory, "Mipha's Touch", it is revealed that Mipha and Link were childhood friends. Mipha and Link are shown sitting on Vah Ruta's trunk, as Mipha heals a wound on Link's arm. She remarks that this reminds her of when they first met. She describes Link as having been a reckless boy, injuring himself at every turn, and that she would always heal him. The Zora comments that since he was a Hylian, Link seemed to grow up much faster than she. Mipha then changes the subject, asking what could be done if Calamity Ganon truly returned, since they do not know much about the oncoming dangers. Mipha assures Link that no matter how difficult the battle is, or how severe his wounds, she is willing to heal and protect him. Shyly, Mipha says that perhaps when it is all over, they can spend time together as in their younger days.
Like all Zoras in Breath of the Wild, Mipha's name is a musical reference. Her name seems to come from western solfège, "Do Re Mi Fa Sol La Ti Do."
|Names in Other Regions|
Promotional artwork for The Champions' Ballad featuring Mipha
Mipha in the "Mipha's Touch" Recovered Memory
Mipha with the other Champions and King Rhoam
- "Please accept... Mipha's Grace." — Mipha (Breath of the Wild)
- "Mipha" — Nintendo, ゼルダの伝説 ブレス オブ ザ ワイルド | Nintendo, Official Japanese Site, published February 20, 2017, retrieved February 20, 2017.
- "He who stands here...the man called Link...is the one whom my sister, Mipha, had feelings for." — Sidon (Breath of the Wild)
- "Countless generations of Zora princesses have gifted that armor to the one they have sworn to marry! Princess Mipha made that one there with her own hands! It is far too important to entrust to a shady Hylian!" — Muzu (Breath of the Wild)
- "Hmph. I never would have imagined she would make that special armor for one such as he..." — Muzu (Breath of the Wild)
- "Now then, allow me to offer you this gift as a show of faith." — King Dorephan (Breath of the Wild)
- "So long as you wear this, you can ascend waterfalls just like a Zora." — King Dorephan (Breath of the Wild)
- "A spear of peerless grace cherished by the Zora Champion Mipha. Although Mipha specialized in healing abilities, her spearmanship was in a class all its own." — N/A (Breath of the Wild)
- "Ceremonial Trident: A spear modeled after the Lightscale Trident wielded by the Zora Champion Mipha. They may be identical in appearance, but this spear's strength and durability are inferior." — N/A (Breath of the Wild)
- "You must understand... He was in charge of educating my dear daughter, Mipha." — King Dorephan (Breath of the Wild)
- "Naturally, she means a lot to him...just as she means the world to us." — King Dorephan (Breath of the Wild)
- "Hello, Link. Because of your courage, my spirit is now free. And Ruta, as well..." — Mipha (Breath of the Wild)
- "Thank you. For I am now allowed by this freedom... to be with you once again." — Mipha (Breath of the Wild)
- "Since I am now a spirit, my healing power would be wasted on me. I have no need of it." — Mipha (Breath of the Wild)
- "So therefore... I would like you to have it. Please accept... Mipha's Grace." — Mipha (Breath of the Wild)
- "Yesterday, I was awash in a pool of tears. I had nearly given up hope and resigned myself to being trapped here, as a spirit, for the rest of eternity." — Mipha (Breath of the Wild)
- "But now you're here. All this time, my hope... was too see you once more." — Mipha (Breath of the Wild)
- "Promise me that you will not hesitate to call upon my power if you ever find yourself in need." — Mipha (Breath of the Wild)
- "Knowing that... will let my spirit rest in peace." — Mipha (Breath of the Wild)
- "Save her, Link. Save the princess... Save Princess Zelda..." — Mipha (Breath of the Wild)
- "Father, are you well, I wonder... I wish I could see you again... Even just once more..." — Mipha (Breath of the Wild)
- "By the way, Link. I see you are without your trusty blade... the sword that seals the darkness... Link, all of the Zora thank you from the depths of our hearts for your heroic and selfless work!..." — King Dorephan (Breath of the Wild)
- "I was thinking... this reminds me of the time we first met." — Mipha (Breath of the Wild)
- "You were just a reckless child... always getting yourself hurt at every turn. Every time, I would heal you. Just as I am doing right now." — Mipha (Breath of the Wild)
- "I thought it was funny how, being a Hylian, you looked grown-up so much faster than I did." — Mipha (Breath of the Wild)
- "So if this Calamity Ganon does, in fact, return, what can we really do? We just don't seen to know much about what we'll be up against." — Mipha (Breath of the Wild)
- "But know this: that no matter how difficult this battle might get...If you-if anyone ever tries to do you harm... Then I will heal you. No matter when, or how bad the wound... I hope you know... that I will always protect you." — Mipha (Breath of the Wild)
- "Once this whole thing is over... maybe things can go back to how they used to be when we were young. You know... perhaps we could spend some time together." — Mipha (Breath of the Wild)
- "You will be able to use these four amiibo in The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. Of course you'll be able to use these in the DLC packs you just saw." — Eiji Aonuma, Nintendo Spotlight: E3 2017, Youtube, published June 13, 2017, retrieved June 13, 2017.