A large number of Forest Minish live in the Minish Village found here as well as various private mushrooms and ground cracks about the woods. Notable inhabitants include Festari, who speaks human language and Gentari, the Minish elder. Just north of the village lies the Deepwood Shrine, where Link finds the Earth Element. Just outside of the village is the bomb-maker and inventor Belari's house; after a Kinstone Fusion, Link has the opportunity to switch his Bombs out for Remote Bombs.
A few non-Minish can be found here too. Syrup the Witch resides in her hut, and the Great Butterfly Fairy who provides Link with a larger Wallet is found in the northern section of the forest. While not in the Minish Woods, Mayor Hagen's Lakeside Cabin must be accessed for the first time by traveling through the woods and using the Mole Mitts.
As with the rest of the world in The Minish Cap, one must shrink and resize themselves with the Minish Portals scattered across the forest. For example, Minish-sized Link is needed to enter the Minish Village and interact with the Minish. There are also small holes in the earth and logs that only Minish Link can go through. However, only human-sized Link can safely traverse shallow water and high grass. In addition to shallow water, there is deep water in the northern half of the woods that not even normal-sized Link can cross; the Flippers found under the Royal Hyrule Library are required to swim over.
- The name of the Minish Woods is notable as the only time that Hyruleans use "Minish" to describe the creatures; in all other instances "Picori" is used.
The word チロリア (Chiroria) from the Japanese name, チロリアの森 (Chiroria no Mori), can be translated to "Tyrolea", as in チロリアンハット (Chirorianhatto), known in English as Tyrolean hat: a style of fedora headwear from the Tyrol of the Swiss Alps, traditionally made of felt, with a corded band, and trimmed with a feather. The appearance of this is reminiscent of the feathered tails and caps worn by the Minish themselves.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||チロリアの森 (Chiroria no Mori)||Forest of Tyrolea|
|FrenchEU||Forêt de Tyloria||Tyloria's Forest|
|Italian|| Foresta di Tyloria
Foresta dei Minish
| Tyloria's Forest|
|SpanishEU||Bosque minish||Same as English|
- "On his way to the Picori's home in the Minish Woods, young Link met Ezlo, a man suffering from a curse." (Hyrule Historia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 79)
- "The world of the Minish is very small. You're far to big to meet them now [...] if we're to enter the village, we'll have to make you a touch smaller first." — Ezlo (The Minish Cap)
- "But there is one thing you must know: being Minish-sized is full of dangers! Mere puddles at your normal size are bottomless swamps to the Minish." — Ezlo (The Minish Cap)
- "Strange how, in the world of humans, only this forest has kept that name..." — Ezlo (The Minish Cap)
|Locations in The Minish Cap|
|Click on a location|