The Minish Village is a location in The Minish Cap. It is located in the Minish Woods, and is the capital of Hyrule's Minish world. Hyrule's original population of Minish founded this village, which continues to thrive today, although many Minish have relocated outside of the Minish Woods since then. All Minish, since their expansion, categorize themselves based on location: those still living within the confines of the Minish Village call themselves Forest Minish, as do the many living in the outskirts and about the Minish Woods. The Forest Minish are supervised by their elder, Gentari. The architecture of the Minish Village ranges from hollowed out Barrels, habitable baby shoes, and mushrooms - anything in the area big enough to support the sedentary, minimalist Minish lifestyle. The Minish Village's existence is a secret to all but those with close ties to the royal family.
Link's Reception in the Village
When Link first arrives in the village, the Forest Minish act surprised to see him, as it has been ages since the last human visit to the village. Despite the relative shock shared by most Forest Minish at Link's presence, an elite Minish named Festari enthusiastically greets him at his villa, revealing himself as an admirer and human enthusiast.
The Forest Minish that inhabit the village incorporate their own language into their societal culture. Link and Ezlo are unable to understand the language, and therefore seek out the Jabber Nut, hinted at by Festari himself, in the village so they may be able to understand the Minish language. The Minish of the Minish Village speak a language slightly different from that of the Minish Realm, and they do not understand Hylian language.
North of the village lies the Deepwood Shrine, the game's first dungeon and the location of the Earth Element. To access the dungeon, Link must get the approval of Gentari and Festari; the latter guards the passage to the shrine itself.
- In the small lake adjacent to Festari's villa, a Piece of Heart can be obtained, after getting the Flippers from the Temple of Droplets in Lake Hylia. A Minish lives in a house near here, and fusing Kinstones with him will result in a special Heart Container becoming accessible.
- To the west of the Minish Village, a Forest Minish named Belari lives inside a small mushroom. He will give Link his first Bombs, and will later, after a certain Kinstone Fusion with Gentari, upgrade the bombs to Remote Bombs.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||森のピッコル里 (Mori no Pikkoru sato)||Picori Village of the Forest|
|Italian||Villaggio Minish silvani||Forest Minish village|
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 112 (TMC)
- "Its very existence is a secret to all but those with close ties to the royal family." (Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 52)
- "I gather it's been quite some time since they last saw a human. ...What's that? You didn't understand what they were saying just now? Ah yes. That was the language of the Minish. It's a little different from the dialect I am most familiar with. I'm afraid I didn't catch most of what they said myself. But perhaps there is someone here who understands your language. We should look around." — Ezlo (The Minish Cap)
- "Hmm...I've never seen an outfit like that before. Are you a...human? Oh, my! It's been quite some time since any humans came here. My name is Festari. I watch the abbey, as well as the shrine to the north. You...seem to be having some trouble with our language, don't you? You could use a Jabber Nut. It will allow you to understand our tongue. You should be able to find one in the barrel house just south of here." — Festari (The Minish Cap)
- "The Minish Village. The Minish here speak a language slightly different from that of the Minish Realm, and they do not understand Hylian language." (Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 52)