Mila is a wealthy girl from Windfall Island who was kidnapped by the Helmaroc King and taken to the Forsaken Fortress. During Link's second trip to the Forsaken Fortress, Tetra and her crew of pirates take Mila and Maggie back to Windfall Island. When Mila returns, she learns that her father spent their riches paying Tetra in hopes of bringing her back to the island safely. Being saddened and angered by her new life of poverty, Mila assumes work at Zunari's Shop to try and make money for the family. However, she becomes impatient and sneaks out at night to steal the money out of Zunari's private safe. Link must follow her and intervene as she attempts to open Zunari's safe, catching her in the act and forcing her to give up her life of crime. Afterwards, instead of thieving, she tells Link that she spends her evenings working at an unspecified island, indicating that she is no longer present on Windfall Island at night.
|Mila (Figurine from The Wind Waker)|
|Birthplace: Windfall Island|
This poor girl was filthy rich until she got rescued from her prison in the Forsaken Fortress.
Now that her family has fallen on hard times, she works for the shop on Windfall Island to help ease their hardship.
In the Slavic languages, the word for "dear" or "precious" is mila, which reflects Mila's character. In contrast to Mila's Spain Spanish and German names meaning "fortunate," Maggie's Spanish and German names mean "sorrowful."
|Names in Other Regions|
|German||Felizitas||Same as Spanish|
|SpanishEU||Felicitas||Means "fortunate," reflecting her wealthy lifestyle|
- "Birthplace: Windfall Island. Personality: Harsh. This poor girl was filthy rich until she got rescued from her prison in the Forsaken Fortress. Now that her family has fallen on hard times, she works for the shop on Windfall Island to help ease their hardship." — Mila Figurine (The Wind Waker)
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 258(TWW)
- "...It's difficult to tell. Yes. Difficult. You see, my one and only daughter, Mila, was taken away from me to a frightening place called the Forsaken Fortress... I have asked many to rescue her, but it seems to be a difficult voyage to that cursed place..." — Mila's Father (The Wind Waker)
- "But one day, a monstrous bird came and took me away to a terrible place called the Forsaken Fortress, where I was locked up and held captive. Oh, it was awful! My father spent every last Rupee in his coffers in an attempt to get me rescued." — Mila (The Wind Waker)
- "Now, every day, from morning until night, I'm busy working for the open-air shop. So, as you can see, at least I'm trying to settle into my poor lifestyle." — Mila (The Wind Waker)
- "I-I'm not a thief! I swear! I haven't stolen anything! Well, yet." — Mila (The Wind Waker)
- "It's true... I know I'm quibbling over nothing... But being so poor weakens a person's very soul... But...it's time I quit making silly excuses for myself!" — Mila (The Wind Waker)
- "I'm done with all that sneaking around in the dark. In fact, I head off to a faraway island to work in the evenings now, so I won't be seeing you at night anymore!" — Mila (The Wind Waker)
- "Welcome to you, sir! This way to Windfall's outdoor shop, chock-full of fun and happy products!" — Mila (The Wind Waker)