|Era||Era of the Hero of Time|
Mikau is the lead guitarist of the Zora band The Indigo-Go's and is also a Zoran hero. He and Japas often compose songs of their own, much to Evan's chagrin. He also has a close relationship with the band's lead singer, Lulu.
After Mikau finds out that Lulu's Eggs were stolen by the Gerudo Pirates, Evan charges him with the task of retrieving the Eggs, in the hopes that doing so would recover Lulu's voice in time for their upcoming performance at the Carnival of Time. Before heading to the Pirates' Fortress, Evan tells him where to obtain empty Bottles to store the Zora Eggs. And so Mikau goes to the Waterfall Rapids to race the Beaver Brothers.
Mikau then proceeds to infiltrate the Pirates' Fortress, but does not succeed in retrieving any of the Eggs and ends up floating in the Great Bay Coast, dying from the injuries he received. Link then rescues him and drags him to shore, where he plays a final song in which he pleads that Link assist Lulu in getting her voice back. After playing the "Song of Healing" for Mikau, his soul is trapped within the Zora Mask. Wearing it allows Link to assume the form of Mikau. His spirit appears briefly thereafter to sing Link his farewell songs: "We the Zora" and the "Zora Fight Song."
|Names in Other Regions|
- "Mikau" (Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 244(MM))
- "It is you, with the blood of Zoran heroes flowing within you." — Evan (Majora's Mask)
- "Today, Japas and I had a jam session. He's not good with words, but he writes great riffs." — Mikau (Majora's Mask)
- "Evan was in a bad mood 'cause the two of us are writin' songs on our own." — Mikau (Majora's Mask)
- "Today, I told everything to Mikau, the one person whom I didn't want to know about it. At first, I was too embarrassed and too sad to do anything. And with the words that Mikau said at that moment, I felt that all hope had been lost. But please, Mikau, I'm begging you, don't do anything rash." — Lulu's Diary (Majora's Mask)
- "...Mikau! We need those eggs safe so Lulu can get her voice back." — Evan (Majora's Mask)
- "Anyway, Mikau, did you get an empty bottle that you can use to carry the eggs in? One bottle can only hold one egg, so you can never have too many empty bottles. I told you that the beavers above the waterfall on the Zora Hall coast have empty bottles, right?" — Evan (Majora's Mask)
- "You again? You can't fool me with your green clothes! You want an empty bottle, don't you? You never learn your lesson!" — Younger beaver (Majora's Mask)
- "Baby! If I die like this... Even if I die... It won't be in peace... That's for suuure! Somebody, please rescue her eggs before the pirates take their toll. Oh, somebody, somebody, please heal my soul." — Mikau (Majora's Mask)
- "Will you try to sing Mikau's lyrics? 1. We the Zora [...] Sharp fins are the mark of the Zora. We swim, speeding through the seas with (A) and (+). If ´ is pressed when swimming, a shield is produced to deflect enemies. (Spoken) If you have magic. We can even dive by pressing (B)! Oh-oh...We the Zora." — We the Zora (Majora's Mask)
- "Will you try to sing Mikau's lyrics? 2. Zora Fight Song [...] For my punch of anger, hit (B). Press (B) repeatedly for a flurry of attacks! Yeah, yeah. For my deadly move, press and hold (B). Now release! It's the final blow. My double cutters!" — Zora Fight Song (Majora's Mask)
- "Carve my farewell song on my grave... I'm depending on you to help that singer girl..." — Mikau (Majora's Mask)
- "Herein lies Mikau, the legendary guitarist of the Zora tribe. He is to be remembered in song, and his lyrics are written here." — Grave Inscription (Majora's Mask)