|Game(s)||The Adventure of Link|
|Other media||The Crystal Trap|
|Main Item||Power Glove|
|Quest Reward(s)||Placement of one of the Crystals|
The Midoro Palace is located in Western Hyrule, in the Midoro Swamp, and holds one of sacred lecterns in which Link has to place a magic crystal so that the final dungeon in the game, the Great Palace, can be accessed.
Within the palace walls, Link finds the Power Glove, useful for Link to grant additional power to the mobility of his sword when used and break the rocks. The dungeon's master is the second boss, Jermafenser.
This dungeon is slightly more difficult than the first one. The keys rise in number, there are more rooms and, during the course of the palace, Link finds himself blocked from other rooms by huge stone blocks. He finds the Power Glove, which allows him to break the stone rocks with his sword and secure his victory against Jermafenser. The architecture is based on blue-colored blocks, making the dungeon's interior more visually elegant than Parapa Palace. Being located in the Midoro Swamp, this is possibly the first swamp-based dungeon in The Legend of Zelda series, followed by the Misery Mire in the next Zelda game. No Magic is mandatory, although Jump and Life give Link more possibilities to survive.
Minor Enemies and Traps
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||ミドロノシンデン (Midoro no Shinden)||Midoro Sanctuary|
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 146
- "'I already have the Triforce of Power, but I need all three parts of the Triforce to complete my hold on Hyrule. Since I cannot get the Triforces of Courage and Wisdom from you, then you shall not be able to use them, either,' he says. 'With this magic scroll, I have cast a spell to encase them in unbreakable crystal. Of course, since the Triforce of Courage is in Link's heart, I'm afraid the poor boy will have to be shut up in the crystal also. Sorry about that.'" (The Crystal Trap (Archway), pg. 65)
- "'Not likely,' says Ganon. 'There's only one way to break the crystal, and I don't think you'll ever figure it out, or find the three things you need. By this time tomorrow, Link will be trappedi n the crystal forever!'" (The Crystal Trap (Archway), pg. 65)
- "Zelda ducks just as a flaming boomerang demon rams into the wall above her." (The Crystal Trap (Archway), pg. 36)
- "Just as she's about to leave, though, she sees something lying in a small alcove. It's a quiver full of arrows! They're marked with strange runes and symbols. 'Should I take them?' she wonders. 'They might be evil--but I sure could use them.'" (The Crystal Trap (Archway), pg. 29)
- "'Spare me and I'll show you a powerful weapon,' the monster pleads. 'A battle axe. It's the only thing that can defeat Ganon, and I know where it is.'" (The Crystal Trap (Archway), pg. 13)
|Major locations in The Adventure of Link|
Click on a location