Leader of the Kokiri
|Era||Era of the Hero of Time|
Mido has a reputation of being mean to others and bossing them around, but he respects the Great Deku Tree and craves to be liked by Saria. This might be either source or fuel for his condescending attitude towards Link who is both favoured by the Great Deku Tree and best friend to Saria. Mido's prime target is Link's "not quite Kokiri-ness," such as that for a long time Link didn't have a Fairy partner, resulting in Mido calling him "Mr. No Fairy."
Despite this, Mido is not a bad person. His jealousy of Link does not stop him from giving advice to him, and in the future years, he seems to be genuinely sorry for the way he treated Link despite the fact that he is unaware of Link's identity as an adult. He can be depended on, even in the face of danger, and at least holds the trust and loyalty of Fado.
Mido guarded the road to the Great Deku Tree and refused to let Link pass if he didn't have a Sword and a Shield. Additionally, he was not at all thrilled the Great Deku Tree had summoned Link instead of him, something he made sure to have Link know. When Link returned with the required equipment, Mido was greatly displeased and reiterated that he would never accept Link as an equal.
Unfortunately, Link's visit to the Great Deku Tree ended with the latter's death as a result of the curse laid on him by Ganondorf. When Mido found out the father of the Kokiri had passed away, he immediately lay the blame on Link further motivating him to leave the Kokiri Forest.
In the seven years that Link was gone, life in the Kokiri Forest became tough as Ganondorf's evil spread from the Forest Temple and caused the Kokiri's home to be infested with monsters. Mido went with Saria to put a stop to it and on her request guarded the route to the Sacred Forest Meadow so that no one could follow her. When Link met him in the Lost Woods, Mido did not recognize him although he noticed there was something familiar about him.
As such, he did not let him through either until the stranger played him Saria's Song and thereby proved he was friends with Saria. When Link came back after helping Saria awaken as the Sage of Forest to tell Mido that she would not come back, Mido became upset and asked the stranger that if he'd ever meet Link, he would tell him that Saria had been waiting for him and that he was sorry for having been mean to him.
At the liberation celebration at Lon Lon Ranch, Mido sat at a distance from the festivities and next to King Zora with both leaders worried about what had happened to their loved ones. Mido was pulled out of his thoughts by small sparks coming down causing him and King Zora to look up to see green and blue orbs of light, followed by three others, speeding across the sky.
- In The Adventure of Link, there is also a town called Mido Town. This is the only town in The Adventure of Link that shares the name of an Ocarina of Time character who is not a Sage.
- Mido's name might originate from Midori (緑) meaning Green in Japanese. Another possible origination from Mido's name could come from Meadow, probably because Kokiri Forest is a very green, grassy, place.
- In Breath of the Wild, there is a swamp named Mido Swamp, wherein Maag Halan Shrine is situated.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||ミド (Mido)||Same as English.|
|FrenchCA||Mido (OoT3D)||Same as English.|
|FrenchEU||Mido||Same as English.|
|German||Mido||Same as English.|
|SpanishLA||Mido (OoT3D)||Same as English.|
- "Mido" (Art & Artifacts (Dark Horse Books), pg. 173 (OoT3D))
- "House of the Great Mido - Boss of the Kokiri" — Sign (Ocarina of Time)
- "That meanie, Mido, is making me cut the grass at Saria's house. Mido told Saria he would do it so she would like him, but I'm the one doing all the work! You and Saria are close friends, so will you help me cut the grass? I'll let you keep anything you find while cutting it." — Kokiri next to Saria's house (Ocarina of Time 3D)
- "Hey you! "Mr. No Fairy!" What's your business with the Great Deku Tree? Without a fairy, you're not even a real man!" — Mido (Ocarina of Time)
- "If you're looking for Saria, she's in the Lost Woods, as usual. Don't tell me you don't know where that is! The entrance is up on the cliff overlooking the village! I know you'll get lost! Don't worry, you'll just end up back at the entrance! Harumph!" — Mido (Ocarina of Time)
- "And also... I'm sorry for being mean to him. Tell him that, too." — Mido (Ocarina of Time)
- "How do you think you're going to help the Great Deku Tree without both a sword and shield ready?" — Mido (Ocarina of Time)
- "Hey you! "Mr. No Fairy!" What's your business with the Great Deku Tree? Without a fairy, you're not even a real man! What?! You've got a fairy?! Say what? The Great Deku Tree actually summoned you? Whaaaaaaat?! Why would he summon you and not the great Mido? This isn't funny... I don't believe it! You aren't even fully equipped yet! How do you think you're going to help the Great Deku Tree without both a sword and shield ready? What? You're right, I don't have my equipment ready, but... If you want to pass through here, you should at least equip a sword and shield! Sheesh!" — Mido (Ocarina of Time)
- "Eh, what's that?! Oh, you have a Deku Shield… And what's THAT?! Is that the Kokiri Sword?! GOOD GRIEF! Well, even with all that stuff, a wimp is still a wimp, huh? I, the great Mido, will never accept you as one of us! Shoot! How did you get to be the favorite of Saria and the Great Deku Tree? Huh?! Grumble…grumble…" — Mido (Ocarina of Time 3D)
- "Hey, Link! What did you do?! The Great Deku Tree...did he...die? How could you do a thing like that?! It's all your fault!!" — Mido (Ocarina of Time)
- "I'm in the Forest Temple! The forest spirits were calling for help, so I went to check it out... But it's full of evil monsters! Help me, Link!" — Saria (Ocarina of Time)
- "What are you? Though you wear Kokirish clothing, you can't fool me! I promised Saria I would never let anybody go through here." — Mido (Ocarina of Time)
- "That melody?! Saria plays that song all the time! You...Do you know Saria? That song... Saria taught that song only to her friends... OK... I trust you. When I see you... I don't know why, but I remember... him..." — Mido (Ocarina of Time)
- "Oh...I see... Saria won't ever come back... But...I...I made a promise to Saria... If Link came back, I would be sure to tell him that Saria had been waiting for him... Because Saria...really... liked... Hey, you. If you see him somewhere, please let him know... And also... I'm sorry for being mean to him. Tell him that, too." — Mido (Ocarina of Time)