|Game(s)||The Wind Waker|
|Era||Era of the Great Sea|
Fishmen are characters in The Wind Waker.
Fishmen know much about the Great Sea and will give Link many tips and words of knowledge about everything. They are also great cartographers and will fill in portions of the Sea Chart for Link in exchange for All-Purpose Bait. The Fishmen will also provide hints on each island's secrets.
After obtaining the Bow and Arrow, Link can play a minigame with him to help relieve his body aches. The Fishman will jump out of the water ten times, where Link must shoot him with an arrow. The reward for this is 10 Rupees for every successful hit and 200 Rupees for a perfect score. Interestingly enough, the arrows remain stuck in the Fishman's body after the completion of the game.
|Fishman (Figurine from The Wind Waker)|
|| Birthplace: The Great Sea.|
Personality: Honorable, dutiful, and surly.
Apparently, these fish were aided long ago by the King of Red Lions, which is why they're now willing to offer Link valuable information.
Unfortunately, much of their information is off the mark. For many long years they have suffered from stiff necks, but none of them know how to cure it.
- The first time Link meets a Fishman, he asserts to the King of Red Lions that his "debt is repaid," implying that they had received some sort of favor from the King of Red Lions in the past. The description of their Nintendo Gallery figurine confirms this.
- The Fishmen play a somewhat similar role to the Gossip Stones seen in other games, in that much of the information they give is miscellaneous trivia and advice rather than hints about the island they have just mapped.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||魚男 (Sakana Otoko)||Fish Man|
|Italian||Scorfano parlante||Speaking Redfish|
|SpanishEU||Luis Escamas||Luis Scales|
|SpanishLA||Carpógrafos||A portmanteau of Carp and Cartographer|
- "If you see a fish leaping out of the water when you sail near an island, sail up to it and spread bait out on the water's surface. [...] See, the baiting process allows you to get a chart of the island, along with any info that might be of use to you." — Fishman (The Wind Waker)
- "That's a fine-looking bow you got there! Where'd you get that? If you're not in any kind of hurry, why don't you stop and play with me a bit?" — Fishman (The Wind Waker)
- "See, I've been having some ferocious body aches that only acupuncture can cure!" — Fishman (The Wind Waker)
- "I'll give you 10 arrows for that bow of yours, and I want you to aim those suckers at me when I leap out of the sea! Yeah! See if you can't peg me with 'em!" — Fishman (The Wind Waker)
- "For each arrow you nail me with, I'll give you 10 Rupees...and if you hit me all 10 times, I'll give you 200 Rupees!" — Fishman (The Wind Waker)
- "I wonder how long it's been since the light in Windfall's lighthouse went dark... [...] I used to gaze at it with dear Gillian..." — Fishman (The Wind Waker)
- "'Hoy! You there! You Kingly Red Lion guy! That's it! I've repaid my debt!" — Fishman (The Wind Waker)