- Not to be confused with Shopkeeper.
The Legend of Zelda
Merchants can be found either in caves or underground. Their shops are located in 12 areas in the First Quest and in 15 areas in the Second Quest. The items they sell to Link and their prices vary from a merchant to another. There are four types of merchants: the ones who sell Magical Shields, Keys, and Blue Candles; Merchants who sell Magical Shields, Bombs and, Arrows; the ones who sell Magical Shields, Food, and Hearts; and only one Merchant in each quest who sells Keys, Food, and the Blue Ring.
Wares and Pricing
|160 Rupees||130 Rupees||90 Rupees||N/A|
|100 Rupees||N/A||N/A||80 Rupees|
|N/A||N/A||100 Rupees||60 Rupees|
Breath of the Wild
- Depending on which defensive ring Link wears, the clothing of the Merchants changes to match the color of Link's Tunic.
- In the Merchant's cutscene in The Wand of Gamelon, a Bomb is marked with a price tag of 20.00, erroneously suggesting that an unstated decimal currency is used as part of Gamelon's currency. The Bombs are actually priced at 20 Rubies for three.
|Names in Other Regions|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 219 (TLoZ)
- Creating a Champion pg. 99
- "Merchant" — N/A (Freshly-Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland)
- "BOY, THIS IS REALLY EXPENSIVE!" — Merchant (The Legend of Zelda)
- "The merchant sells a pack of three bombs for 20 rubies." (The Wand of Gamelon manual, pg. 3)
- "'Course I'm on your side. But I still have to sell the stuff. Just pick what you want, I'll handle the Rubies." — Merchant (The Wand of Gamelon)
- Encyclopedia (Les Éditions Soleil) pg. 219
- Encyclopedia (TOKYOPOP) pg. 219