- This article is about the characters in The Legend of Zelda. For other similar characters, see Shopkeeper.
The Legend of Zelda
Merchants can be found either in caves or underground. Their shops are located in 12 areas in the First Quest and in 15 areas in the Second Quest. The items they sell to Link and their prices vary from a merchant to another. There are four types of merchants: the ones who sell Magical Shields, Keys, and Blue Candles; Merchants who sell Magical Shields, Bombs and, Arrows; the ones who sell Magical Shields, Food, and Hearts; and only one Merchant in each quest who sells Keys, Food, and the Blue Ring.
Wares and Pricing
|160 Rupees||130 Rupees||90 Rupees||N/A|
|100 Rupees||N/A||N/A||80 Rupees|
|N/A||N/A||100 Rupees||60 Rupees|
Breath of the Wild
Freshly-Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland
- Depending on which defensive ring Link wears, the clothing of the Merchants changes to match the color of Link's Tunic.
- In the Merchant's cutscene in Zelda: The Wand of Gamelon, a Bomb is marked with a price tag of 20.00, erroneously suggesting that cents are used as part of Gamelon's currency. The Bombs are actually priced at 20 Rubies for three.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||商人 (Shōnin) (TLoZ)||Merchant|
Concept artwork of Traveler and Merchant Hylians from Breath of the Wild
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 219 (TLoZ)
- Breath of the Wild – Creating a Champion (Dark Horse Books), pg. 99
- "BOY, THIS IS REALLY EXPENSIVE!" — Merchant (The Legend of Zelda)
- "The merchant sells a pack of three bombs for 20 rubies." (The Wand of Gamelon manual, pg. 3)
- "'Course I'm on your side. But I still have to sell the stuff. Just pick what you want, I'll handle the Rubies." — The Merchant (The Wand of Gamelon)