Mercay Tavern is a location in Phantom Hourglass.
Features and Overview
Situated in Mercay Island, the tavern serves as a Milk Bar where citizens from the island can go in to take a glass of milk and relax. It is said that Linebeck, the captain of the S.S. Linebeck, goes to the milk bar often when he docks at the island, although at the moment its most frequent customer is an old man who is hiding from his elderly wife.
Later on, Link must solve a puzzle involving a Tribal Head Statue where he must shine a beam parallel between the Temple of the Ocean King and Mercay Tavern. Solving the puzzle eventually leads to a Courage Gem and Freedle. Moreover, towards the end, Link can talk to the bartender to receive a Power Gem from him, which he says was left by Oshus for Link.
Interestingly, a picture of Tingle hangs on the wall, as well as a map that shows the location of Freedle on the island.
- "Huff, puff! Can't wait to sit down at the milk bar and gulp down a glass! Just a bit tired...going to wait here for a spell and take a breather... Why is everyone always in such a darn rush? Take a break now and then, I say!" — Old man (Phantom Hourglass)
- "Lots of locals drift in here to while away the hours! Bit empty at the moment... But aren't you a tad short to be in here? Take no offense, sir. You'll be more than welcome when you've gone a little farther in life!" — Bartender (Phantom Hourglass)
- "The captain usually drops anchor at the milk bar, but I haven't seen him in days. Perhaps the bar owner knows where Linebeck has vanished to." — N/A (Phantom Hourglass)
- "A cliffside not so far from here has a hidden weak spot... Shine a beam parallel with a line between the temple and Mercay Tavern..." — N/A (Phantom Hourglass)
- "Yes, yes...old Oshus asked me to give you this if you happened by." — Bartender (Phantom Hourglass)
|Names in Other Regions|
|SpanishLA||Bar de leche|